Anyone take a low dose of progesterone?

pinkavocado

Reaction score
Hi ladies.

I'm coming off my first cycle of taking a low dose of progesterone (10 mg, 2x a day, CD 23- 30.) My cycles prior to this have been 28 and a half days almost exactly for years!

My last pill was Sunday evening and it is now Wednesday morning where I live. As of yet, I still don't have my period. I'm currently on CD 33.

I'm taking the progesterone because I was spotting 2-3 days before beginning my period each cycle for about the past year. However this time, I still had 2-3 days of spotting, just beginning on CD 28, and now nothing.

My doctor told me that I don't count spotting as CD1 and to come back when AF starts. (I'm trying Clomid this cycle, so I'm afraid I'm going to miss the day when I need to start it.) She said I had to come back because it's possible I'm pregnant, but I haven't had any positives on a hpt. The last time I tested was on CD 31. I did try bbt temping this month and it said I ovulated day 20?? Not sure if taking progesterone supplements can mess that up a bit. It seems awfully late for having 28 day cycles.

I'm hoping to find someone else who took a low dose of progesterone to share how long after stopping the supplement did it take for AF to arrive. All of the information I find online are with women doing IUI and IVF and they're taking like 200 mg, where I'm taking 20.

Also, if you've been on 20 mg progesterone before, how bad were your symptoms? I felt so awful when I was taking it- headaches, cramps, extremely nauseous, exhausted, and emotionally down. I didn't realize such a low dose could do that. Does that get better as time goes on? I cried several times thinking I'd have to do that for several more months- but now that I'm not taking it at the moment, I'm not emotional enough to cry over that, haha.

Thank you ladies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"