anyone taking provera now in hopes of af?

MaeganNicole

Reaction score
I will be taking my 3rd pill tonight and was just wondering if anyone was in this waiting game with me. just waiting for af so that I can start my 2nd round of clomid.... I think this might be the most frustrating part for me right now.(waiting on af)

I will be taking my 3rd pill tonight and was just wondering if anyone was in this waiting game with me. just waiting for af so that I can start my 2nd round of clomid.... I think this might be the most frustrating part for me right now.(waiting on af)

Hey! I'm waiting too, I took my last pill last Saturday, so I'm just waiting for AF to show! I took 10mg for 10 days (started Nov. 1). DH and I just started seeing an RE so once AF shows we'll be starting Femara (we did 3 failed cycles of Clomid) and hopefully an IUI too. I hate this waiting for AF to show! The first time I took provera it took 4 days for AF, the second time it took 7! *sigh* What are you planning on doing next cycle?

Hey! I'm waiting too, I took my last pill last Saturday, so I'm just waiting for AF to show! I took 10mg for 10 days (started Nov. 1). DH and I just started seeing an RE so once AF shows we'll be starting Femara (we did 3 failed cycles of Clomid) and hopefully an IUI too. I hate this waiting for AF to show! The first time I took provera it took 4 days for AF, the second time it took 7! *sigh* What are you planning on doing next cycle?

yeah its frustrating! Haha I have 3 more days worth of it. last time it took a week before I started I'm hoping in will be with in the same time frame. who knows.... I will be taking my second round of clomid when its time! did u not ovulate with the clomid or what?

Let's hope it takes both of us less than a week! I would love to start sometime before the weekend.

I only O'd once on Clomid. I took 50 the first cycle and it was an epic fail. Absolutely nothing worth even measuring. The second cycle I took 100 and surprisingly on CD14 there was one 15mm follie! We waited two days and then triggered, but it was a BFN. The next cycle we did 100 again and it was like our first cycle all over again, absolutely nothing worth measuring. During our 3 cycle DH had a SA and we found out he's got issues too ): His count and motility are low (6.2 mil and 17%) He's been taking Fertilaid for Men for a month now, hoping that helps!

Once I start AF we'll be starting our first round of Femara. Our RE feels very confident that I'll respond well to that. If I do, we'll be doing an IUI as well.

What mg of Clomid are you on? If you're on Provera is it safe to assume you didn't O on your first round?

Let's hope it takes both of us less than a week! I would love to start sometime before the weekend.

I only O'd once on Clomid. I took 50 the first cycle and it was an epic fail. Absolutely nothing worth even measuring. The second cycle I took 100 and surprisingly on CD14 there was one 15mm follie! We waited two days and then triggered, but it was a BFN. The next cycle we did 100 again and it was like our first cycle all over again, absolutely nothing worth measuring. During our 3 cycle DH had a SA and we found out he's got issues too ): His count and motility are low (6.2 mil and 17%) He's been taking Fertilaid for Men for a month now, hoping that helps!

Once I start AF we'll be starting our first round of Femara. Our RE feels very confident that I'll respond well to that. If I do, we'll be doing an IUI as well.

What mg of Clomid are you on? If you're on Provera is it safe to assume you didn't O on your first round?

yeah I hope so too for both of us!

oh wow. I wonder why it works for certain people and not others. hopefully your Dr is right and your body does respond to genera! what's the iui about? I keep seeing people refer to it but I'm still new to all this ttc stuff! Haha I hope the fertilaid helps yours hubby too. we might have to check my hubby's if we fail 3 rounds of clomid. my first round was 50mg this next round will be 100mg. if nothing happens then my 3rd round will be 150mg.

I actually did ovulate. according to opk and blood test it would be been day 20-21. just no luck the first round. the reason I'm on provera is BC my progesterone levels are just so low they aren't raising enough on their own for my period tto start!

Yeah, no clue why it didn't really work for me! I wish it had, but I also had awful side effects from the Clomid and Femara is supposed to have no side effects, so I'm looking forward to this round.

The IUI is just artificial insemination. I'll explain it, but if you know all of this already just disregard all of this!! I don't want you to think I'm talking down to you! My understanding of IUIs is pretty basic since it's something we're just now going to try.

So, we'll take the Femara CD3-7 and go in for ultrasound monitoring just like we would for Clomid. If my dr. sees one or two good follies, we'll trigger and then come in the next day for the IUI.

The day of DH will give them a semen sample and they "wash" the sperm. When they wash the sperm, they separate the individual sperms from the seminal fluid. They do this first because when they do the IUI, they will insert DH's sperm into my uterus (they'll go through the cervix, which is where most sperm die) and if you insert the seminal fluid too it can cause some pretty bad cramping. Secondly, when they "wash" the sperm they separate the bad sperm from the good sperm, so they only insert the healthy and fully-functioning swimmers. It's a procedure that's totally painless (at least I hope!) and is done in like 10 minutes. It's really great for couples like us that have male infertility issues. It takes the strain of travel away from DH's little swimmers, they're put right in front of the fallopian tubes where the egg should be!

Anyway, hoping it'll work for us! That's great that you ovulated, did your doctor recommend you take some kind of progesterone supplement? I don't think I have a progesterone issue, but I read that it's a big reason some women miscarry, so the one time I did O on Clomid I used progesterone cream during the tww just in case. I know some doctors also offer progesterone suppositories. I really hope the second round of Clomid works for you! Maybe it'll be just the thing you need :thumbup:

oh well that's good. hopefully u don't have se!
and thanks. wasn't sure of the abbreviation and I know of juice but really wasn't sure of the details. now I know! and UT seems like it would be a great choice for male fertility issues! makes sense!
well I have pcos and that is why my levels are so low! I'm on progesterone after I ov and until I restart my cycle. in this case I didn't restart and we didn't want to wait foe af to come so she induced it again so I could start round 2! I really hope this round is good to both of us! thanks again for the info"
Yeah, no clue why it didn't really work for me! I wish it had, but I also had awful side effects from the Clomid and Femara is supposed to have no side effects, so I'm looking forward to this round.

The IUI is just artificial insemination. I'll explain it, but if you know all of this already just disregard all of this!! I don't want you to think I'm talking down to you! My understanding of IUIs is pretty basic since it's something we're just now going to try.

So, we'll take the Femara CD3-7 and go in for ultrasound monitoring just like we would for Clomid. If my dr. sees one or two good follies, we'll trigger and then come in the next day for the IUI.

The day of DH will give them a semen sample and they "wash" the sperm. When they wash the sperm, they separate the individual sperms from the seminal fluid. They do this first because when they do the IUI, they will insert DH's sperm into my uterus (they'll go through the cervix, which is where most sperm die) and if you insert the seminal fluid too it can cause some pretty bad cramping. Secondly, when they "wash" the sperm they separate the bad sperm from the good sperm, so they only insert the healthy and fully-functioning swimmers. It's a procedure that's totally painless (at least I hope!) and is done in like 10 minutes. It's really great for couples like us that have male infertility issues. It takes the strain of travel away from DH's little swimmers, they're put right in front of the fallopian tubes where the egg should be!

Anyway, hoping it'll work for us! That's great that you ovulated, did your doctor recommend you take some kind of progesterone supplement? I don't think I have a progesterone issue, but I read that it's a big reason some women miscarry, so the one time I did O on Clomid I used progesterone cream during the tww just in case. I know some doctors also offer progesterone suppositories. I really hope the second round of Clomid works for you! Maybe it'll be just the thing you need :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->