Anyone tried Cranial Sacral Therapy?

veganmama

Reaction score
ok i am DESPERATE to try anything atm. my son is a super high needs baby, his sleep is only getting worse with time (last night we were up every 30minutes with him crawling all over me screaming) and i am thinking about getting him some cranial therapy.

anyone ever had it done with their kids and what were the results?

I think we call this cranial osteopathy in the UK - if so I took my LO when he was about 8/9 weeks. Constant screaming drove me to try anything along with starting reflux meds, cutting out dairy from my diet, colic meds etc. Although I didn't really believe in it I figured I had nothing to lose and the lactation consultant who snipped my LO's tongue tie had suggested it.

All i know is that after the first session my LO took his first day time nap in weeks and the constant screaming was loads better. It might have been coincidence as I'd changed so many things but i think it helped. The woman I saw was great, i'd been really worried I'd get someone who would try and get me to sign up to weekly treatments for the next year or something but she was up front and said she couldn't guarantee it would help, but from her initial assessment she thought there were a few areas to work on and if we didn't notice a difference after 1-2 sessions we didn't need to keep going back.

I think it may've been easier at a younger age as the skull is less fused but I'm definitely pleased i gave it a shot. my LO has been a much happier baby ever since (he's now 10 months), i think he had about 6 sessions in total ending when he was about 3 months...

HTH x

Hey I took my lo to osteopath at about 10 wks he just screamed all night and hated lying down. She said he had so much tension in his head and neck after a really traumatic birth. I went about 3 times and it did help but it was expensive x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->