Anyone tried Soy (aka the Natural Clomid) as a substitute for Clomid?

Zeri

Reaction score
So I hear that Soy is called the Natural Clomid, because it tricks your body into thinking that estrogen levels are low (just like Clomid), so that your body produces more estrogen/follices, and a stronger ovulation. Anyone ever try it?
Did it work? Mess up your cycle?

Thx!

Hmm, I've never heard of that.

I know a friend of mine used to a eat a TON of edamame (young soy beans) as snacks and meals and it really messed up her cycle. She had a period for like 4 months. She has since had to work with a doctor to try and regulate her again.

Hmmm...yeah I hear that taking a lot of soy can really mess up your cycles. But if it's used as a substitute for Clomid - you would take it the same days that you take Clomid, e.g days 5-9 or 3-7 only, then stop, so hopefully it wouldn't have the same effect.

Here's some info from a fertility blog:

Soy Isoflavones - The natural Clomid
Mar 06, 2010 - 0 comments

So I have been researching Soy Isoflavones the past few weeks and here is what I have found...

Among women struggling to conceive, it has long been anecdotally noted that taking doses of soy isoflavones for a short period of time during the beginning of the menstrual cycle can have a similar effect as clomiphene citrate. Like clomiphene citrate, or "clomid," it is believed that soy isoflavones induce ovulation by tricking the body into producing more estrogen. The process is as follows...
Step 1Buy good quality soy isoflavone supplements. These are sold in most pharmacies and grocery stores, and are typically marketed to help with menopausal symptoms. Most pills contain 40mg of soy isoflavones.

Step 2The soy isoflavones must be taken at the right time in your menstrual cycle for the proper effect. The ideal day to start is between 3 to 5 days after the start of your menstrual period.

Step 3Take roughly 80mg of soy isoflavones per day, with food. This should work out to two pill supplements, but you must check the package to determine how much is in each pill. The precise time of day is unimportant, but you should take the supplement at the same time everyday. Many women prefer to take it at night to avoid side effects during the day.

Step 4Repeat the above for 5 days, taking 80mg worth of supplement each day. Then stop! You should not continue for more than 5 days, as this could have a negative impact on ovulation and actually delay your natural cycle.

Step 5You may wish to track your fertility using basal body temperature. If you do not ovulate, you may wish to increase the isoflavone dosage.

This is my second cycle on it.
So #1 - no BFP. I took days 3-7 at 100mg (my tabs are 50mg each).
#2 took days 2-6 with 100mg on days 2,3 & 4, then 150mg (3 tabs) days 5 and 6.

Never take more than 200mg per day on those 5 days.
Awaiting OV, due in 10 around days.

I took it last cycle for the first time. CD3-7 with 80mg, 80mg, 120mg, 120mg, 160mg. For the first time ever it was really obvious when I had ovulated and my usually my cycle length varies but on average is 34days long. This month it was exactly as I thought and 34 days long! yay!

I'm going to try it again this month and hopefully this will be my cycle of a bfp!

I did Soy Iso's for about 4 months. The 1st two months it moved my ov forward (almost too early), and it helped my ovulation to feel stronger, way more going on in there! The last two months it didn't do a darn thing and gave me some wicked headaches, but in all fairness I had upped the dosage a bit for those last couple tries. I never ended up with a BFP, but for the most part I was glad I tried it, I had never felt my ov so much before! That's my two cents!

ive taken soy this cycle (cd3-7 120 160 200 200 200) hoping for a bfp :) ive ovulated 1/2 days earlier than usual and no side effects, AF due 1st/2nd march (so fingers crossed for bfp)

I took it and got my BFP the first month of doing so. Now I'm not saying that's all it was but it must have helped in some way. I have been trying on and off for 10 years and in the past have taken Clomid which didn't work for me after the 6 month. Things happened and we stopped trying. Move forward to June last year and we start trying, nothing for 6 month and was considering going back to doc for referral again but read about soy and thought I'd give it a try. Went to a proper pharmacy and got 35mg soy tablets, took 2 each day on CD 3-7 and hey presto BFP on 4th Jan. Just to add, we were also using Conceve Plus in Decemberand I was also taking Solgar multivitamins from mid November too so my positive could be a result of all of those together. Good luck Hun xx

Congrats on your bfp Brolly!

Thanks to everyone for your replies. It's good to hear it's caused stronger ovulation in most. I'm looking forward to trying it next cycle. :)

I love edamame!! Could I get away with eating that rather than taking supplements? How much would I have to eat?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->