Anyone tried using a support band?

jessyjones

Mummy to Boy / Girl Twins
Reaction score
Hey everyone. im at 22 weeks with twins and quite frankly my back is crippling me already, and sleeping is an absolute nightmare...
ive heard that support bands can help with the backache but there seems to be a million out there and was wondering if anyone could give any advice? xx

Yes, I use one. Im a hairstylist and all the time on my feet has caused me to have contractions. My dr told me to get one because my cervix was closed...drink plenty of water in such. So she said the weight of my belly is becoming too much! The band really helps if Im at work or walk around alot. But if im at home or just relaxing I dont use it! But it has helped quiet a bit!

I had a nexcare maternity support belt they are expensive about £35 in mothercare but they are well worth it and really comfortable to wear.

I spoke to the midwife at pilgrim - she told me we could self refer for physio - I did this and ended up with a belt from the physio on the NHS - it's bulky but helps if out and about for the day :)

def get referred to the physio. I was referred about your stage and she gave me a tubigrip support to start off with - for use when walking about and exercises. She told me not to wear the full on support belts yet as there was still a lot of growing to go. I eventually got the full on 3 strap system about 30 weeks.

You need to take it easy, get your partner to go all the lifting and try not to bend below waist high whenever possible. It did all help a lot. Bump moved up soon after and this eased a lot of the pressure.

I got one from physio, it was great while it fit lol, but by 28 weeks it was too small

I spoke to the midwife at pilgrim - she told me we could self refer for physio - I did this and ended up with a belt from the physio on the NHS - it's bulky but helps if out and about for the day :)

ah thanks hun! think ill go have a moan at her myself at my 24 week appointment :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->