Anyone trying to lose a lot of weight?

Livebythesea

Reaction score
I gained EIGHTY pounds with my beautiful miracle baby. I'm 5 foot 7 and am usually around 140 pounds...holy cow the scale went up to 220!

My boy is 3 weeks old and I've lost 30 pounds but I haven't lost anything for three days. I'm an old weight watchers girl - it's the only thing that has ever worked for me and I love the program.

I would love to walk more but when I take the baby out for a walk he starts crying after about a 1/2 hour. And I walk the dog at the same time so it's kinda tough. I wish I could walk for longer but it's really hard also because I am just SO heavy! I walk so slowly!

Anyone else trying to lose a lot of weight? Please share what you're doing with food and exercise.

Thank you!

My hubby was just diagnosed with type 2 diabetes (and we both need to lose weight) so we are starting the paleo diet ( I am incorporating weight watchers with paleo for myself)- we just started, but I feel like this will be a good weight loss step.

I know it's frustrating but even a 1/2 hour walk is better than nothing! I've been trying to fit in some work outs during LO's nap (doing 30 day squat and 30 day ab challenge) those are relatively short activities that you can fit in to your day

Good luck with your weight loss!

Me!!!

I've gained around 40 pounds and my tummy looks terrible. I'm giving myself a couple of weeks to enjoy the foods I've missed in pregnancy and a few glasses of wine then I'm gonna do the Atkins diet. It really helps me lose weight and then I usually maintain with weight watchers.

I've always been a fat ass and need to lose around 35kg (I have no idea what that is in lbs).

I started going to the gym 2 weeks ago and I have already lost 2kg in that time. I can certainly feel changes in my body (shame I can't see them).

I just calorie count using myfitnesspal. I go to the gym every other day for an hour. I still eat what I want but I make sure it falls into my calories by trying to log them in the morning - then I can work out if I need to do 20 mins on the treadmill to burn off that biscuit I ate xD

I gained EIGHTY pounds with my beautiful miracle baby. I'm 5 foot 7 and am usually around 140 pounds...holy cow the scale went up to 220!

My boy is 3 weeks old and I've lost 30 pounds but I haven't lost anything for three days. I'm an old weight watchers girl - it's the only thing that has ever worked for me and I love the program.

I would love to walk more but when I take the baby out for a walk he starts crying after about a 1/2 hour. And I walk the dog at the same time so it's kinda tough. I wish I could walk for longer but it's really hard also because I am just SO heavy! I walk so slowly!

Anyone else trying to lose a lot of weight? Please share what you're doing with food and exercise.

Thank you!

Hi Hun I gained 70lb, I could of cried! In fact I did haha. But 3 months on I've got 16lb to go to get back to pre baby weight, so not so bad, I'm 5ft 9 and normally 154. Don't be too hard on yourself its early days and keep up with the walking. I put baby in the sling as he only tolerates around 30 minutes in his pushchair too xx

I gained about 60 lbs when I was pregnant with my son, and I have yet to lose it . . mostly do to the fact that I can't find a form of exercise I enjoy besides hiking. I'm on a gluten & dairy free diet as my son as a dairy allergy and I still breastfeed him . . gluten just for my own personal reasons :) Overall, I think I eat pretty well; I just really need to get my butt moving! DH & I signed up to do a 5km walk at the beginning of October so I plan on using my elliptical or going for a walk a lot between now and then. I don't have a specific goal weight, I just want to feel good in my skin :)

I'd love to start some sort of weight journey with some ladies on here! Maybe we could even do challenges or something?? :) The main reason DH & I are waiting to try for #2 is because I want to lose weight first. It's a huge motivation for me!

I'm in the midst of losing 50lbs. I'm 20 down, so the hard part is still ahead! OP, have you tried babywearing whilst walking? Your LO may be comforted by that and won't cry, plus if you BF it makes feeding on the go much easier. Walking the dog is my main exercise too, I do two hours most days. It can be done!

I gained about 60 lbs when I was pregnant with my son, and I have yet to lose it . . mostly do to the fact that I can't find a form of exercise I enjoy besides hiking. I'm on a gluten & dairy free diet as my son as a dairy allergy and I still breastfeed him . . gluten just for my own personal reasons :) Overall, I think I eat pretty well; I just really need to get my butt moving! DH & I signed up to do a 5km walk at the beginning of October so I plan on using my elliptical or going for a walk a lot between now and then. I don't have a specific goal weight, I just want to feel good in my skin :)

I'd love to start some sort of weight journey with some ladies on here! Maybe we could even do challenges or something?? :) The main reason DH & I are waiting to try for #2 is because I want to lose weight first. It's a huge motivation for me!

I'm in for the journey! Thanks

I'm in the midst of losing 50lbs. I'm 20 down, so the hard part is still ahead! OP, have you tried babywearing whilst walking? Your LO may be comforted by that and won't cry, plus if you BF it makes feeding on the go much easier. Walking the dog is my main exercise too, I do two hours most days. It can be done!

Thank you for the tips! Can you BF in a sling when they're a newborn? I get so nervous because he has no head control yet :( I have a couple of different carriers for newborns but he doesn't seem to like being in them, and yeah only likes his stroller for about a half hour and jen wants to eat! So thank goodness there are a bunch of dead ends near me so I can take out the boobie for a bit and keep waking. Wow I wish I could walk for 2 hours! My recovery 'down there' seems very slow cuz I still feel pain and pressure and am still bleeding. And he'll be a month old on Tuesday!

Hoping I get to two hour walks soon! Thank you

Thank you for the tips! Can you BF in a sling when they're a newborn? I get so nervous because he has no head control yet :( I have a couple of different carriers for newborns but he doesn't seem to like being in them, and yeah only likes his stroller for about a half hour and jen wants to eat! So thank goodness there are a bunch of dead ends near me so I can take out the boobie for a bit and keep waking. Wow I wish I could walk for 2 hours! My recovery 'down there' seems very slow cuz I still feel pain and pressure and am still bleeding. And he'll be a month old on Tuesday!

Yeah of course you can! It's not like you wouldn't notice if his suckling stopped and you'll be totally aware of his every move that he couldn't come to any harm. Have you tried a structured carrier like a Boba? They're the best IMO! Yeah my recovery was slow too, two months if I remember right! Definitely take it slow for now, no one likes a super skinny mum with a newborn, it defies the laws of nature. :p

Thank you!

Hi Hun I gained 70lb, I could of cried! In fact I did haha. But 3 months on I've got 16lb to go to get back to pre baby weight, so not so bad, I'm 5ft 9 and normally 154. Don't be too hard on yourself its early days and keep up with the walking. I put baby in the sling as he only tolerates around 30 minutes in his pushchair too xx

Congratulations on your weight loss wow! What are you doing to lose so much and so quickly?

Yeah of course you can! It's not like you wouldn't notice if his suckling stopped and you'll be totally aware of his every move that he couldn't come to any harm. Have you tried a structured carrier like a Boba? They're the best IMO! Yeah my recovery was slow too, two months if I remember right! Definitely take it slow for now, no one likes a super skinny mum with a newborn, it defies the laws of nature. :p

You're too funny! I have a boba :) but so far he just cries when I put him in it. But I'll keep trying!

Thank you!

Congratulations on your weight loss wow! What are you doing to lose so much and so quickly?

Nothing drastic as I'm breastfeeding, but basically stopped eating chocolate every day lol, eating 3 healthy meals a day ( using my fitness pal, extra calories for nursing) and I now walk with lo about 2 hours a day. I still eat chocolate once a week ;-)
But you are still early days yet I could only walk around 30 minutes at that point as I had a 2nd degree tear. I also drank about 5 litres of water a day(!) at that point because I was so thirsty and I really think that helped to flush everything out.
It wasn't until around 10-12 that I started to feel less swollen iykwim.
Good luck but don't pressure yourself you will get there xxx

You're too funny! I have a boba :) but so far he just cries when I put him in it. But I'll keep trying!

You mind find that after walking for about a minute he falls asleep. I often found my LO would cry at first but as soon as I started walking he was fast asleep!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->