Anyone TTC after recently finishing breastfeeding?

wanting2010

Finally a Mommy!
Reaction score
I just weaned my 1 year old DS as of Friday. DH & I have been NTNP for a few months, but I haven't yet had my first pp AF. I'm not sure if it's because of breastfeeding or because of my PCOS (always had long, irregular cycles because of it). Just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat. :thumbup:

Oh my - this is just what I needed this morning!!

I weaned #2 a month ago when he was 12m. I'm pretty sure I've been ovulating since he was about 6m old, but my periods have been so light I haven't been fertile (we're talking a few hours of light spotting, if that). We're ttc#3 but I'm not sure that there's much point/likelihood of success before I get a proper period.

It's pretty normal not to have a period whilst BF (I didn't with #1 until I totally weaned her, again at 12m) so I wouldn't stress about that. Have you had any signs of your fertility coming back?

I hope that things click back into gear soon for us both: I really don't want to have to wait months to be fertile again...

I've definitely heard that it can take weaning before your period returns. I'm like you, not wanting to wait months to be fertile again. It took us 22 months with DS because of my PCOS and irregular periods. I've read that sometimes pregnancy can somewhat help "reset" your body so I'm interested to see what happens once AF returns! I've had a lot of random cramping, random patches of EWCM, and some very light spotting for like 2 days in January.

That sounds promising!! I really hope that the journey to #2 isn't at long as #1 for you - that must have been really tough.

#3 will definitely be our last, so I'm keen just to get on with it: to complete our family.

Thank you! It's hard to be patient when it comes to TTC. I think I hate the limbo the most- not having a clue what my body is doing or when/if things are going to kick into gear!

Gosh I know. I'm currently having period cramps but no period as of yet: just wish it'd get here and I could get going on a normal cycle, but I'm not convinced it'll ever arrive. I know it's just a matter of time but it's so frustrating, particularly when you hear of women getting pregnant whilst breastfeeding a 4 month old....:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->