Anyone TTC while nursing?

laura11111

Reaction score
My son is 9 months old and we've been TTC for 4 months. For a few different reasons, we want our kids close together.

I didn't get a period for about two months after my son was born. Then I had a long cycle, and then my body settled on 28 to 29 days.

I'm now on CD33 and getting BFNs. I'm going crazy, and am so sick of trying to see line on sticks! I must have ovulated late, which I thought was because of sickness, stress, and lack of sleep, but now I'm thinking maybe nursing has something to do with it.

Just wondering what everyone's experience is with TTC while nursing.

Hello! We have just started to ttc our 2nd child. My dd just turned 1 and nurses around six times per 24hr period. I am in the tww now (5dpo) so won't know if we have been successful for a few days. Not feeling hopeful that we will be lucky on the first attempt though!

I am! Nursing definitely alters cycles. I had my first PP period when DD was 6 months old. The next one came 3 months later. Around that time, DD started to cut back on nursing sessions and things started to normalize to 29-35 days. Don't worry!

Me! :hi: I still bf my 20 month-old DD. This cycle is a bfn :( so we're just waiting for af to start so we can start a new cycle.

I take Femara, I have PCO (not the syndrome, just polycystic ovaries) because I don't ovulate on my own, even when I'm not bf'ing. I'm hoping we'll have better luck next cycle! GL ladies!! Fx'd for all of us :)

We are! :hi:

I haven't had af show up since dd was born almost 16 months ago, but we are still trying. I have no way to know if I'm even ovulating right now so we just go with the flow and hope for the best.
DD is nursing mostly in the evening and at night, sometimes during the day but only when I'm not at work which is 2 days a week.
Hoping to have as close to 2 years between littles as possible.

:dust: to everyone!

Hi, may I join?? DD is 10.5 months old and I'm still nursing, she nurses 4-5 times in a 24 hr period, more these last few days since she's been sick! !! My cycles have been crazy but are starting to normalize .. my cycles before DD were perfect 28 days.. since they've been 35+ with ovulation cd25+ with a 7-10 day lp, however last cycle was 30 days with ovulation on cd18 and a 12 day lp. I'm temping/charting/opk's, using super b complex with my prenatal/dha and just added in coq10 which I'm having dh take also!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->