Anyone TTC with donor?

dirufangirl

Reaction score
I will share some of my situation.

I was married for 12 years and I had children with my husband. Then last year we were divorced. I had planned to be done with relationships, but then I met someone. We were in love and he wanted a child. I had been thinking about having another child for awhile, but since things weren't great with my ex it never happened. So I felt like things were perfect and my life was finally starting to go my way. I packed up and moved across the country to be with him, and about two months after I got there he dumped me. Now I am left with the desire for a baby, but no partner. I decided I would just go for it, find a donor and have a baby by myself. But it is a lot more complicated than I thought it would be. It is very difficult to get the timing right when the donor has to travel to you. To complicate matters further I am still living with the guy who dumped me. This is my second cycle TTC and I am beginning to feel like it is never going to happen, because it is very difficult to have optimum insemination during all of the fertile phase. I was wondering if anyone has experienced this, or has any advice?

I'm TTC with a donor because we are a same sex couple - I've conceived two boys at home using artificial insemination! It's very easy to do and has the same success rates as natural conception :)

Congratulations on your babies! If you don't mind me asking, what kind of donor did you use, Cryo or known? I am still really new to the whole AI thing. How did you manage the timing? I used to think I knew my body, but it feels like a stranger to me. I just always thought if I had sperm when I was fertile I would get pregnant no problem, boy was I wrong. I am using known donors, and they want to know dates months in advance to plan things ( which I completely understand ) but it makes it very difficult and stressful for me. I would really like to find a local donor, it would make things much easier. Unfortunately there aren't any right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->