anyone ttc with over active thyroid???

taytotayto

Reaction score
i have pcos and after the birth of my little girl two years ago i was diagnosed with graves disease/ over active thyroid. im on ptu and waiting to have my thyroid out. my periods are really really irregular and im sure i dont even ovulate. im thinking of taking some herbal supplements and want to know if anyone else is taking herbal medication to help regulate periods and to help with ovulation while also on medication prescribed by consultant.

Not the same exact problem, but I'm ttc and have underactive thyroid. I have hypothyroidism.

I hope you get regulated quickly.

im thinking of taking some herbal supplements and want to know if anyone else is taking herbal medication to help regulate periods and to help with ovulation while also on medication prescribed by consultant.

I would definitely hesitate on adding any herbal medications without checking and double checking them against thyroid function. And also running them past your consultant first. For instance, us folks with dysfunctional thyroids (or no thyroid gland at all in my case) shouldn't take macca root, or soya isoflavones etc, because they negatively impact thyroid function.

Not only do you need to besure that any additional supplements won't impact your actual thyroid function, you also need to be 110% sure that it won't effect your thyroid medication.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->