Anyone use hemp boosters?

Vici

Mum to a LTTC princess!!
Reaction score
I'm looking at getting some as i've heard good things but wondered where you got yours from and which type? Also how is drying time with them? :happydance:

Hey honey :)

I got one single Hemp prefold (which is tiny and really looks like a booster when folded up!) I bought it before Vince was born- It's a Hemp Babies little weeds, and although I haven't used it on Vince yet, I did do an absorbency test and a drying test before he was born on cotton terries, bamboo terries, normal prefold and this hemp prefold. Now I had only washed it once before I did this, but I have to say it came last (after cotton!) in my absorbency test, and also in the drying test (maybe because it was quite thick though?) Took quite a while to dry... I personally prefer bamboo boosters (made some myself from cut up terry :winkwink: ) but I'm sure there'll be people who know more about hemp than me to help you out :D

~Shadow xxxx

O thats interesting,thanks hun. I'd heard that hemp was along the lines of bamboo in absorbency levels :)

It may well be that I hadn't prewashed it enough, but then I had only prewashed the bamboo once too when I did that little test... And I had them all hung on an airer to dry indoors (like worst case scenario) so the drying might be better outside on a line or of course in the drier :haha: But yes, I'd say if you're looking for added absorbency go for bamboo boosters, they're probably cheaper too!!

I'd be interested to hear other people's experiences of hemp though :)

i use these with maddi sometimes hon when i want some extra absorbancy, especially being older and drinking more and more now, and i have found them good, does take a little drying, i always dry over night, and sometimes in the morning they need slightly a little tumbling but seem to work well :D hth :D

i find hemp fairly absorbent but bamboo is defo better imo! also i find hemp hoes the scratchiest out of everything!! but i do prefer bamboos to have 20 mins in the tumbledryer after they have dried just to soften them up a bit :thumbup:

sara

xxxxx

i got some hemp boosters from easy peasy nappies on ebay, i think it was 5 inserts for £10
though admittedly i brought them to go in my eco bumbles and as LO hasn't arrived yet i can't really comment on their absorbancy. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->