Anyone use OPKs while breastfeeding before period returned?

squirrel.

Happy mummy of three
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Just wondering if there is anyone else out there using OPKs while they wait for their first postpartum period to show up (or if this is something you once did in the past). Just wondering what is normal in terms of LH when you are breastfeeding and if you can spot a pattern that suggests you're returning to fertility. I've been doing it a month and they started out lines half the darkness of the control, they then faded for a couple of weeks to being really light and now for the last two weeks they've been really dark - not positive level darkness, but nearly there. I was hoping this would eventually lead to a positive OPK, but it hasn't happened yet. I'm just wondering if this is a good sign, or if it all just fluctuates constantly while breastfeeding. I am feeding less now since she weaned onto solids, but with my son even just feeding him a few times at night when he was 13 months kept my periods from returning. They only came back a couple of weeks after I completely stopped feeding him.

Thanks for any advice :) I am finding this waiting for periods to return incredibly tedious. For various reasons it's much better for our family to have a smaller gap between our daughter and our last baby, but it looks like it will be much bigger than we imagined.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->