Anyone use OSOM tests?

BunnyN

Reaction score
Interested in others experiences with these tests. They have a good reputation online. I got my box of these yesterday and took one just to check them out. BFN at the 3mins but a line started showing at about 15mins. Didn't think much of it but then read online that even lines after the time are real lines. Took another today and same thing. Tried a FRER, BFN. So either I'm getting bad evaps, a super early hint of a BFP, or I have a higher than usual level of hormone in my body even when not pregnant? Any thoughts?

No experience with that particular brand, but if there's no line in the test time period, the test is negative. Don't read a test after the time frame, many brands will show an evap line as they begin to dry ;)

I've dont have any experience with osom but I did some research on them at everything I read says that the results shouldn't be read after 3 minutes

I've seen lots of evaps but not like these. Although they are faint they are clear lines, not shadows or lines left from dry urine and they showed well before the test was dry. Evaps shouldn't have color, these have dye in them for sure though with having black dye they are grey. I know 3 mins is the propper time to read them but online people seem to say that early results are hard to read at 3 mins so to wait longer. At 3 mins it still had a lot of dye passing over it so a very light line would not have stood out.

Don't worry I wouldn't take any line after the time frame too seriously I'm just interested. I think its unlikely I'm pregnant but I was wondering if they could be picking up a low level of hcg in my system. Was curious what other gals negatives look like.

I had a whole box of 25 a while back every one of them got a faint line past the time limit so its important to read at 5 min and toss it and dont look again. I know I was not pregnant at the time as all other tests were negative. OSOM are great at picking up early HCG levels and give darker lines when they do but always show a faint line past the time limit. just keep in mind it cant be trusted past the time limit.

I had a whole box of 25 a while back every one of them got a faint line past the time limit so its important to read at 5 min and toss it and dont look again. I know I was not pregnant at the time as all other tests were negative. OSOM are great at picking up early HCG levels and give darker lines when they do but always show a faint line past the time limit. just keep in mind it cant be trusted past the time limit.

Thanks for your experience! I've been looking online and a lot of people say they don't get evaps like other tests do. Sounds a bit like internet hype though. Others like you say they get an evap on every one. The people who say they don't get evaps say its because they are so sensitive that they pick up low levels of hcg even when you are not pregnant but I'm not sure if that's true. There also seem to be a lot of women who get lines after the time and turn out to be pregnant. I only took one because I was pretty sure I wasn't pregnant yet and wanted to have one to compair to when I test for real. Now I'm glad I did because I won't get too excited if it happens again. I actually find it fun to look for evaps so it doesn't bother me, just good to know what I'm dealing with :).

Thanks for your experience! I've been looking online and a lot of people say they don't get evaps like other tests do. Sounds a bit like internet hype though. Others like you say they get an evap on every one. The people who say they don't get evaps say its because they are so sensitive that they pick up low levels of hcg even when you are not pregnant but I'm not sure if that's true. There also seem to be a lot of women who get lines after the time and turn out to be pregnant. I only took one because I was pretty sure I wasn't pregnant yet and wanted to have one to compair to when I test for real. Now I'm glad I did because I won't get too excited if it happens again. I actually find it fun to look for evaps so it doesn't bother me, just good to know what I'm dealing with :).

I think if it were picking up the very low non pregnant level HCG then it would still show up in the time limit. mine were definitely evaps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->