anyone used 'colour b4' hair stripper?

jenfirstbaby

i <3 my baby girl :)
Reaction score
Random but has anyone used the home hair stripping kit colour b4? And if so did it work well?

I've been having my hair highlighted. I love being blonde but it costs loads to keep it up :( so thinking of trying to get back to my natural colour x

i havent but iv heard good things about it if you type in reviews for olour b4 into google you will get beauty blogs come up who have tried it and they norm put before and after pics on :)

ive used it before, it really stinks, also dont panic if your hair goes orange just keep the stripper on for a little longer as it has to.go through a colour changing process, xx

Yep I dye my hair black and used it loads. Brings my hair back to blonde :). Even the first time I used it after applying black, on black etc for years.

I'm waiting for baby to get here before I use it though. Want to go purple :) it's strong stuff and smells like perm lotion. It doesn't work until you do the rinsing stage, don't worry if it hasn't changed while waiting the 20mins :)

Xx

Also I'm not sure if it works on blonde? I thought it was just block colours - what's your natural colour? If dark you'd prob have to just due it and grow it out.

Xx

My natural colour is kind of light brown but my roots look awful on the blonde! :(

You'd probably have to dye it light brown. I don't think it can strip bleach only block colours xx

I have used it, It worked okay for me, I don't think it got all the dye out, but certainly helped. It won't remove bleach though, as bleach works by stripping colour from your hair.

It only removes shades darker than your natural colour. For example if you are blonde and dyed it brown or black, it would take it back to blonde. Or if you a brown and dyed it black, it would take it back to brown.

Same advice - I've stripped my dark brown hair to blonde to apply other colors (red etc) and you have to actively dye it something close to your original shade (or maybe a tad darker since you're going on top of light) in order for it to go back. Stripping would only accent the blonde.

That said, you of course know to use vegan colors or wait until baby comes. Nothing with harsh chemicals. There are some mixed reviews on if that is safer than we thought, but imo not worth the risk. I adore vegan hair dye b/c it stays so well, conditions your hair to soft without that extra packet you get in boxed kits, and it is safe for your body and the environment. :) Even at that I haven't dyed at all since pregnancy.

The funny thing is that I shaved my head down to like a quarter inch to let my natural color grow out over the winter since I was staying in and nobody would see it... only to find out five days later about my pregnancy and have to be out multiple times a week b/c of being high risk! ROFL I'm sporting 3.5 extra inches since then (6 mo's), so I can how headband it, but still, I was embarrassed there for a while! hehe

It doesn't work on lightened hair-you've taken the colour out so you need to dye.

Colorb4 takes dye out (colour deposited into the hair, not taken out)

Ah yeah didn't think lol

If I were to dye over the blonde and don't like it, then use the stripper, would it take it back to the way it was or would it goba funny colour? X

It would go a funny colour or go back to the lightened blonde. It could go really uneven too after that. I personally wouldn't mess around with highlighted hair, unless ur dying it dark and you are sure about your decision

Aww maaaan.i really wanna stay blonde but hate having to spend loads every 5/6 weeks and don't think a blonde dye would work xt z

highlights should need doing every 12 weeks. more often and they Will just start to look like a block colour...! next time you get it done perhaps ask if they can put a second colour in which is close to your natural which would soften the roots a bit...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->