• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

anyone using comfort milk?

Pandasnax

Reaction score
Hello ladies! Im currently using Aptimal stage one milk but my 5 week old Son is really constipated and hasnt been for a poo in 3 days! Iv tried water/juice between feeds, bicycle movements with his legs and iv rubbed his tummy but nothing is working he soends the rare times he is actually awake grunting and strainubg and it jeeos up bith up all night, iv been told to try use comfort milk to help with the constipation is anyone else using it? Does it really help with constipation if so how long did it take, any other info or advuce on it woukd be great too :) x

Not now but my LO was on it for a long time. It's excellent for constipation and you won't have to wait long to see results ... a day probably.

I used it, switched bk about a month ago as he seemed better,was a life saver around 4 weeks.....would deffo recommend, wont take u long to see a change either, my little man seemed more settled after first bottle xx

We used if from aged 8 weeks for colic, not constipation, but i can honestly say she was certainly never constipated on it! We recently changed from Cow & Gate comfort to SMA Comfort and she was definitely more "regular" with the C&G but unfortunately she didnt like the taste of it as much which is why we had to change to SMA. On SMA she goes daily, but sometimes has a bit of trouble with harder poos so i would avoid the SMA if youre doing it purely for constipation from my experience (also SMA makes no claim to help constipation on the tin either, whereas cow and gate did) I believe C&G and Aptamil are the same company so id go with either of those (maybe aptamil if baby is on that 1st milk)

Sorry to butt in but is aptimil comfort thick like the reflux milk?

We switched to cow & gate comfort for constipation & colic when LO was about 4 weeks. It worked pretty much instantly and he was like a new baby.

We used it for my youngest as he was so constipated. I don't think it helped that much to be honest and I think they can only be on it for a while. I did find that a teaspoon of apple juice in some cooled boiled water did help but you've said it hasn't helped you.

If the comfort milk doesn't work, you could always try the ready made cartons of formula as my son was never constipated on those. Someone (on here I think) was telling me that it can help. Not sure why but I know that when he was born, we bought the Cow & Gate starter kit that has ready made formula and he never had any problems with constipation. It was as soon as we switched to the powder. So that may be worth a go because I know how awful Comfort milk is to prepare. It's so thick! x

I also remember that my son was quite sick on the comfort milk but he had reflux so could be related to that - but he was definitely more sick than with the regular formula x

We are just changing over from comfort back onto first milk as DD is 5 months old.

To be honest, in our case, it didn't work great for constipation. She still could go 4-5 days without having a poo and she had been on it since she was around 2-3 months old. It's only recently that she has been going every other day (may just be her body). I went to the doctors countless time and told them that she was on comfort milk but still wasn't pooing and according to them they won't do anything until it goes past 7+ days as babies do not poo every day.

I would try and carry on with other methods before considering comfort milk, however if you do change, remember to get the next teats up as the milk is horridly thick!

Also like PP has said, I have noticed over the past few days that DD hasn't been as "sicky" on the first milk compared to comfort.

We are on comfort for colic, my daughter was on it for a year and now my son has been on it a week no issues pooing and he's gaining weight because of no gas yay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->