Anyone using Soy Isoflavens?

momof3wants5

Reaction score
Today is CD3 and i began SI on CD1. I have not had fertility issues in the past but it's been 6yrs since my last pg. I just goyt rid of mirena and while waiting for AF I learned about SI. Decided to take them and try.

Any other ladies out there using SI and if so how much and what CD?

I did 200mg CD 1-3 and am wondering if i shoud increase to 300 for CD4-5? I have seen many contradictory threads all over the web - advice?:wacko:

I am...dosage as follows...

Cd3 140
Cd4 140
Cd5 210 (today)
Cd6 210
Cd7 210

50 mgs Clomid = 100 mgs SI

This is my first cycle trying it....I am TTC #1 on cycle #5....
So far, I have had a few hot flashes, but no headaches...

Hi, Indigo - goo to meet ya!

Yeah I heard about doubling the clomid normal numbers when using soy, but since i was never given clomid, i never learned much about clomid. I know there are a few days to start clomid and a few doses that are out there.

I have been taking 200mg since CD1. I heard 1-5 is the highest # of follies, but not mature - not even sure what that means? I thought if not mature then they wouldn't release?

Also, back in the day (LOL) I would O on day 11 or 12 and have a 17 day LP. Not sure if that will change now after Mirena and now being in my late 30's.

I could not seem to find any info on the web about how a Dr. decides which day a woman should begin clomid - do you know how they decide that? Since i was always an early O'er I thought 1-5 may be best?

I dunno. Then i heard about poss. of twins? Possibility of "reverse" affects if fertile - though i heard replies that "shut them up" - so confused.

Just thought i would post here and see if anyone answers.
Thanks for replying. Are you charting too?

Hey i just saw that you and i are same CD - baby dust to you! :thumbup:

I will probably start charting and opk testing around cd 12....and until ovulation...I am finding that charting my entire cycle is a bit too annoying...I corrected my dosage and days... am a bit further along than you, but I started taking SI on CD3...

:dust: 2u2!

did it for 2 cycles, and didn't help me, delayed O by 2 days, made me spot for almost a week after af and my fibroid grew dramatically on it which led to a DUB.

BUT

it has owrksed for many many ladies so gfingers crossed it works for you.

I cant use it, i have tried, but every time i try and use it, i dont ovulate until waaaaaay late and then i only have about 6 or 7 days and af shows, it also for me made all my temps go whonky, so for me i stay away from it. Good luck for you though, hopefully it works!!

Dysfunctional uterine bleeding (DUB) - ie cannot stem the flow, massive clots all caused by the fibroid whch grew cos of the soy. Fibroids are estrogen eating monsters and the overdose of estrogen production caused by the soy allowed it to have a feast.

The fibroid was pre-existing though

Dysfunctional uterine bleeding (DUB) - ie cannot stem the flow, massive clots all caused by the fibroid whch grew cos of the soy. Fibroids are estrogen eating monsters and the overdose of estrogen production caused by the soy allowed it to have a feast.

The fibroid was pre-existing though

OMG that sounds horrible!

I haven't tried SI but I've researched it a fair bit as I was considering using it to move my cycle dates (my OH works away half the time so timing is critical for us) but decided against it.

Try doing a thread search (main forum as well) as there are tons of women on here who have tried it not just our own dear 35+ crew, and I've read so many differing reports on it, some wear by it and others have posted bad experiences where it has messed up their cycle - it does seem to be a hit or miss thing.

from all I have read it is good if you have long cycles and can bring O forward but if you have regular cycles it's not so good

there is a specific massive soy thread, i'll dig out the link to it and pop it in here

edit

here 'tis

https://www.babyandbump.com/ttc-groups/271211-soy-isoflavones-natures-clomid.html

More info here...
https://community.babycentre.co.uk/...h_soy_isoflavones.?cpg=1&csi=2052795069&pd=-4

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->