Anyone who knows about computers- can you help?

embojet

Molly and Ethan's Mummy
Reaction score
My husband has received emails from ticketmaster and paypal saying he needs to change his passwords. I have recieved emails to my email address (but as a contact ref his email), saying he has changed his microsoft account password.
As far as we know he doesnt have a microsoft account. There is an option htat says click here if you have ont rquested this chang. I clicked it and it gives an option to change password. it says it will either send the password by email or phone. The phone number on scren is not ours (Most of hte numbers are blocked out so dont know what the whole number is). The email option gives ny email address and a gmail address (we dont use gmail). Again most of this email address is blocked out, and it only gives an option to send new password to me AND this other address.
Should we worry about this and what should we do?

(Hope this makes sense)

It sounds like a scam, don't click any links from the emails. If he is concerned, he can change his passwords but go to the paypal site via the address bar or bookmarks rather than using the links.

Do a virus scan. Clicking the link probably installed a virus and if you typed a password in make sure nothing else is the same password as they may have just been trying to steal it.

Did u click any of the links and sign in? If so change passwords straight away. I get loads of fake emails if you check out the email address of sender it will be very random!

What the others have said, once you click the link you're vulnerable to key recording viruses etc. I would run an anti virus scan and change your passwords using another computer if possible

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->