Anyone who uses SMA Staydown for their LO

sweetsammi

1st time mummy and WTT
Reaction score
So after being prescribed some for Oliver's reflux ageees ago, we've only just managed to get it yesterdy as none of the chemists had it in stock and i had to wait agees for it to get ordered and delivered!!:hissy:

Anyways so far Oliver has not been sick and is takin it nicely without spittin it out, arching up, shaking his head or groaning/crying :happydance: which is fab!

Few concerns with it though!

Firstly, Ollie is trumping like a trooper now and it stinks fowl! He also seems to be struggling to poo. He is only doing tiny amounts and its quite harder than usual. Pushin it out seems to be quite hard 4 him. So i'm worried it may constipate him!

Secondly, the tin says its the same consistancy as normal formula and u wont need to change teats-they lie! lol. It is thicker! Hence the reason it stays down so when Oliver has his night feeds when he's still half asleep, he'll only take 2oz cus its such hard work for him to suck he'll fall asleep worn out with the bottle still in his mouth! Then he'll realise 1-2 hours later he's still hungry and want more!

Last thing is i'm worried i'm gonna end up with a huuuge baby! Ollie was 6lb 8 at birth and has been gaining weight quickly despite being so sick which makes NO sence to me. He is still an ok weight though according to the chart. But i'm worried now he isnt being sick he'll put on even MORE weight even FASTER! The weight gain was alot when he was sicky nevermind when he's keepin it down.. He wweighs 11lb at the moment. Dont get me wrong, i'm delighted he's better than before but now i worry for his weight and constipation.

Using the gaviscon in his regular formula was MUCH nicer but although it stopped most of the sickness he was still groaning and cryin, and tensing up during feeds and he would scream afterwards as if in agony so i dont think it did enough for him. x

Firstly, Rebecca was on it for ages as you know and was prescribed suppositries from age 4.5 months (and is still on them to this day but thats another story, but blame this formula!) so constipation is a very common problem with it, and it makes bowels lazy!

Secondly, we changed bottles and teats, had invested in the Dr Brown's with madam but when she was put on Staydown we had to ditch them as it wouldnt flow.

Rebecca gained weight steadily with it as she was still throwing up with staydown (she was extreme reflux) but Id imagine he would put on weight more as he is keeping it down. Wouldnt worry too much about weight tbh, but get the bowels checked if her is constipated longer than 5 days!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->