Anyone with PCO, not PCOS? I need a buddy!!

Fingersxed4

It's a BOY! :)
Reaction score
I wanted to start a thread to see if anyone is in a similar boat...I need a buddy!

As a bit of background, we have been TTC for 4 months now with about 6 months of NTNP before that. I came off birth control a year and a half ago and have had extremely irregular cycles ever since. In charting I discovered that I had a very short luteal phase which prompted me to go to see my obgyn for some CD21 bloodwork. My progesterone came back extremely low and my obgyn sent me to a FS.

My insurance threw a roadblock at us saying that they would not cover any diagnostic testing until after Feb when we had been trying for a year. My husband and I decided to pay out of pocket for the day 3 u/s and bloodwork. As suspected, they have determined that I have polycystic ovaries (PCO). They said that it is not PCOS because I do not have the other symptoms associated with the syndrome, only the polycystic ovaries. They believe that the progesterone problem will fix itself as soon as I am ovulating "strong" enough.

My FS is going to resubmit everything to my insurance to see if they will authorize treatment now that there is a diagnosis. Once it is covered, we will do an SA on my husband and I'll have an HSG done.

Just a bit of a rant because my FS keeps saying that I will respond very well to clomid, yet we won't have an answer from insurance in time to do any additional testing this cycle. So that means that the earliest we will do the SA and HSG is next cycle. THEN, hopefully 3 cycles from now I'll be able to start the clomid. Problem is that my last cycle was 40 days....so 3 cycles from now seems like an eternity!

I'm holding out the optimistic hope that we could still do this naturally. My FS doesn't think I'm ovulating every cycle, but this past cycle that they monitored I definitely did, it was just super late (CD31). So my good ole ovaries might be a bit broken but they aren't totally not working!!

Anyone else with PCO that could give me words of wisdom/advice?

hi there!My doctor at the hospital has said i have pco but i have no other symptoms either.
We have been trying for over a year for our 2nd child.
I am now on 100mg of clomid and its hard work.
It makes me very stressy and horrible!!

our daughter took 17 months to concieve so i shouldnt be so upset that its happening again but its always hard.
theres not much advice i can give you really :D
xxxx

Hey I also have pco, I have endometriosis aswel so having a baby for me is mega hard! I have a 13 month old daughter who was concieved on clomid after 12 rounds! Now I'm on my 3rd round of clomid trying for a 2nd child. I live in the uk and I had to wait months inbetween tests on the NHS as couldn't afford to go private, I know how you feel!

Hi dinky and flower! Thanks so much for the reply. Sounds like you both had quite a hard road TTC #1. Did either of you have to take breaks on clomid? Is there a max number of months in a row that they will let you have?

Well I've read on the internet that you shouldn't take it for more than 12 months but they have given me about 16 months worth now! I have had a few breaks but only because I had a op and was waiting for follow up appointments and that. Any longer than 12 cycles and its supposed to increase your chances of getting ovarian cancer later on in life x

Hi ladies, I have PCO too. Was diagnosed in January 2009, then accidentally fell pregnant in November 2009. Our LO is 17 months now and we have just starting thinking about TTC, so have come off the pill and waiting for AF......and waiting.....and waiting. lol! My cycles from before I had Isla would be anywhere from 35-80 days.

Soooo starting to worry really how long this is going to take! I don't even know where to start really :(

Good luck to you all xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->