Anyone with PCOS care to share their experience?

pb921124

Pregnant with baby #4
Reaction score
I was just diagnosed with PCOS yesterday after not having a period for a few months. I am currently taking Provera to start my cycle and then I will be on clomid for cd 5-9.

Don't really know how I feel about this because I guess I don't know what to expect. Does this mean that we have a long road ahead of us? Are our chances slim? I been reading posts and it seems like for some this was just the first step to years of trying and more extensive procedures down the road.

Any one with PCOS care to share their story/journey? Were you put on Clomid?

Thank you in advance for sharing...

Hi,

I was only told I had PCOS when I went to the EPU in June with suspected miscarriage. She did a vaginal scan and actually showed me the 'ring of pearls' round my right ovary.

Without that scan I would never have known. I have irregular periods but more than a few days different from month to month.

We conceived my daughter 2nd cycle and our little angel 1st cycle so it obviously didn't affect me too badly :)

We're trying again now and on first proper cycle, think I'm out this month but hoping it will be fairly quick like the last 2 times.

Good luck with your journey xxx

Thanks so much for sharing Nicola. Were you ever put on anything for your PCOS?

Hiya, I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2009 even though my periods are pretty regular, it was the difficulty in conceiving, inability to shift weight and the painful periods for me, and I wasn't given anything for my pcos, conceived my son with my new partner on the first month we properly tried, hes now 20months old!! x

Heya,

I think PCOS is a bit like Russian Roulette. Some have no problem conceiving whatsoever and for some it can take ages. I am in both categories, as I conceived within 3 months but since my loss it has been 1 1/2 years of trying with no luck, am now on the waiting list for IVF.

Good news though, there is a lot one can do. Eating a healthy diet with low glycemic index, exercise, some say agnus castus helps... Some doctors prescribe metformin to regulate insulin sensitivity...

One massive thing for me is, that I found out 2 months ago, that I am lactose and gluten intolerant, had stomach ache for 6 years and no doctor thought of testing me. Since going gluten and lactose free, I am no longer bloated, no stomach ache, not much cravings anymore and losing weight slowly without doing anything different. It's amazing, expensive, but amazing! Looks like my cycles are regulating as well as I just got a positive opk on day 15 without any medication. Wow!

Hope my little story gives a few inspirational pointers. :haha:

Who knows, every cycle is a new start and there is always a chance to get pregnant. Wish you all the best! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->