Anyone with teenage step children?

allyk

Mummy to DD, Preg with #2
Reaction score
I I have 2 step daughters aged 13 & 11. I get on really well with them which is great, however they are really spoilt!!! I really disagree with the way they were brought up, and I often speak to my partner if he lets them get away with murder!!

Everytime we go to his parents house, their nan gives them money (I really disagree with this) I feel if she wanted to give then money she should put it in account for them. Instead of them spending it on rubbish now!!!
Their grandparents on their mums side also do this but they see them every week, the girls often have more money than me!!!!

The girls know that their dad is lenient with them and play on it but know that I won't have it!!!

My main concern is that I have 8 month old daughter (with my partner!!!) and I don't want her being brought up the same way.

Is there anything I can do!!??

Hi!!! as you said your daughter is just 8 months old then i am sure that you can mold her the way you wanted because she will grow by your side. It is in your hands how your 8 months old daughter acts when she's a teenager. You can teach her at an early age how to save money and spent less on none important things. Just guide her as she grows and you will see the difference. :)

In regards to the money I would set up a saving account and everytime she gets money put it straight in there, she wont even question it until she's a lot older because it'll just be the normal thing to do.

In regards to the money I would set up a saving account and everytime she gets money put it straight in there, she wont even question it until she's a lot older because it'll just be the normal thing to do.

My lo does t get given the money the older ones get!!!

My grandparents used to give me money...better than getting it from your wallets! What's wrong with a teenager getting a little cash?

To be honest I can see why they give them a little money, we used to get money from our grandparents as teenagers.
Your baby is only 8 months old so they wouldn't think to give her money yet.
My grandparents give my cousin (aged 12) a bit of money so he can buy himself something but they don't give Dani, Adi and Aibhne money, cause they're still little, they buy them little treats or toys and such.

My aunt used to do the same thing.
Try to speak with your partner and with the nanny that, for the girls' sake, instead of giving them money for nothing, to give them short tasks and then give some money.
This will definitely make the girls more responsible and will save you some money:)

Hope it helps.

I have a 10year old SD and a 3 year old DD. I can understand where you are coming from with this! I really dont have any advise on what you could do though. We are still battling it out about issues over SD. last one was lastnight because I thought/think it is a little weird that a 10 year old cant sleep in her own bed but has to sleep with us!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->