Anyone with twins?

mummy2lissy

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm just wondering if any of you on here have twins(born term) and has one with additional needs?

Iv posted a couple of times about one of my twin boys (twin 1) with a developmental delay (investigations ongoing) ?autism.

Everyone seems to ask the question 'was he twin 2?' Which he isn't....so I'm just Curious if anyone is in the same position and why people assume twin 2 would have the problems, if any.

This is really interesting! my second twin is a bit quirky. so far milestones wise she has met all milestones so nothing appears to be a problem but she is so different to her twin and to my first daughter. I have no clue if it is common experience but the first twin was born by csection easily and the second twin experienced some complications on the way out and had low apgar scores but only 4 hours in the nice.

It's strange isn't it...my boys were born at 38 weeks both by section. Twin 2 has met all his milestones and has such a character, brilliant at interacting etc and shows emotion when needed etc. Twin 1 is who we have the problems with and were just waiting for our assessment. He isn't speaking any words, doesn't mix with other children and gets quite physical (but finds it funny) He cries a lot but think it's out of frustration because he can't speak.

Everyone seems shocked when I say he is twin 1. I just find it odd...they both lacked fluid etc but had their own sacs/placentas so I can't understand why is would be an issue...if you know what I mean?

I know what you are saying. mine were born by csection at 38 weeks too (both breech) and they were in their own sacs/placentas too. My quirky one interacts very differently too and is a bit more aggressive and thinks its funny too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->