anyone worry baby isnt happy?

T

tinytoes

LO is 9.5 weeks now. he does smile...but mostly when he's just woken and is full of sleep. but at times, between his teething, colic and general groutchyness i worry he's not happy. we can go hours between smiles and i seem to read of other babies who sound to be grinning all day.
we're yet to have a giggle. he only seems to like one toy. he cant hold or reach out yet so it's hard to "play" though i do try. i always talk to him.
he hates tummy time.

guess i'm just a worrier but i do wish i could make him laugh.

I worry about Alasdair and his happiness too. I tell myself though, that at this stage they're still figuring everything out and so long as he is fed, clean and warm enough he is okay. If he's 2 and still seems unhappy then I'll beat myself up about it. Don't be so hard on yourself :hug:

They actually start smiling regularly in 3rd month. In second month its once in a while so dont worry. He is on track.

Agree with the others....also I think it's a bit early for him to be giggling as well. You're a great mommy, don't doubt yourself!

They actually start smiling regularly in 3rd month. In second month its once in a while so dont worry. He is on track.

ooh thanks! That helps!!! Seems all I read lately is how giggly other babies of same age are...i guess this is my first experience of mums showing off about their babies being advanced...guess I should get used to it for the school gates!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->