Anyones 5 month old prefer a slow flow teat?

Nessicle

Reaction score
We use Avent bottles size 3 is far too fast size 2 is ok but she seems to prefer the newborn flow.

Anyone else's LO the same? She only takes 5-6 oz but she only takes that with a faster teat anyway x

How do you know she prefers that teat size? I only ask because I changed LO flow to size 2 last week and he seems to be screaming after a couple of oz and refusing the rest if the bottle, could it possibly be to fast for him?

Xx

could be hun - with the faster flow she has to keep stopping to take a breath and her mouth fills up with milk soon as the teat goes in. Most babies prefer a slow flow from what I've read. I was told that with breastfeeding the flow doesnt change so no need to change the teat unless really necessary, try the slower flow again see if he feeds better?

Nim likes MAM 2's max, 3's are far far to fast LOL
She'll take 1's happily but does takes ages and gets bored

My LO is still on size 1 teats, a couple I changed to size 2's as the size 1's were worn out but he prefers the 1's. He was gasping with the size 2s when I tried to change them all.

could be hun - with the faster flow she has to keep stopping to take a breath and her mouth fills up with milk soon as the teat goes in. Most babies prefer a slow flow from what I've read. I was told that with breastfeeding the flow doesnt change so no need to change the teat unless really necessary, try the slower flow again see if he feeds better?

Thank you. Sorry for the hi-jack!! His intake drops when I put him on a lower teat, I just can't work it out! Xx

Madison is almost 7 months and still like the slow flow nipples. I tried a faster flow and she refused the bottle every single time. I'd put a slow flow back on and she'd eat away.

My LO is still on slow flow. I tried medium flow and he was not happy!

thanks girls - gonna put her back on aptamil cos she's so constipated with SMA and think aptamil is a thinner milk anyway so she'll be fine with the slow flow x

Thank you. Sorry for the hi-jack!! His intake drops when I put him on a lower teat, I just can't work it out! Xx

Thats ok chick - I'm the same so confused cant get it right! lol xx

Thats ok chick - I'm the same so confused cant get it right! lol xx

Hopefully we will both get there in the end! Xx

ha ha yeah by the time they're drinking milk out of a sippy cup lol x

When Thomas has a bottle, he still uses the size 1 teats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->