Anyone's girl ever had bacterial vaginosis?

minties

Complete
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is what Sophie has, I've never had it myself. She has a strong odour and greenish discharge.

I'm just wondering how a doctor is likely to treat it? I had a google and can only really find adult treatments, a lot of which seem to involve popping things into the vagina which I am totally not ok with doing to my 4 year old.

She has an appointment for immunisations tomorrow but we only see a nurse for that so I'm unsure if they will help me then or not.

Since it's bacterial, I would have thought they would give antibiotics?

Poor little kid, that sounds really horrible!

They can give antibiotics in liquid form I think if needed. I've had it myself and just took a week of antibiotics (by mouth) and it cleared up no problem

Ugh she had so many tummy troubles last time she had antibiotics inuding leaking diarrhea which hurt her bottom and vulva, but if that is what they usually do then we will have to cope with it.

Yes poor Sophie, she says it hurts and is itchy too :-(.

Maybe you could slather her bottom in Vaseline to stop it touching her bum? Fingers crossed she won't have the same reaction ...

They could try a different antibiotic. Yes fingers crossed. I think you'll have to go for it because it doesn't generally resolve on its own

This is one you'll really need to talk to a doctor about re best treatment. I've had it before and for all its bacterial its more to do with bioflora than an infection so I'm not sure how effective oral antibiotics would be.

Also, it's the type of thing that can really reoccur so keep an eye on your she is cleaning herself, don't use anything perfumed etc. I discovered I can't use tampons, since I've realised that I never get it anymore.

Thanks everyone! She got some antibiotics that seem to be helping, he's also recommended slathering her with some probiotic yoghurt, coconut oil and also taking children's probiotics. Sophie's not sure about yoghurt on her privates but had tolerated it all with a grudging smile!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->