Anyone's scar still lumpy/itchy/tender 1 year on?

SoupDragon

Mum of 1, LTWTT #2
Reaction score
I had my DD by emergency c-section nearly a year ago. The scar has mostly healed really neatly and in some areas you can barely see it. But in other bits it's still very red, raised, and SO itchy. It's quite tender in these areas still, especially if I wear tight-ish trousers (like normal jeans, I don't do super-tight!), or if DD climbs on me, or if BDing in missionary position. Anyone else experience any of this? Does it sound normal for so long after the operation?

I've had steroid injections into another scar (not c-section) before to flatten it when a similar thing happened, and it was so painful...I can't imagine having the same thing on my section scar. Is there anything else I can do to flatten it/ease the itch and tenderness a bit?

My DD is coming up 3 and my scar is still lumpy in places. It can be tender but it doesn't itch. I don't wear tight clothes or anything that needs buttons/zips etc as I have issues with my hands where I can't grip properly.

The only reason my scar is now flattening out is because I'm 20 weeks with DS.

My oldest is five now and I stopped having issues with lumps and itching about 8 months ago. It's finally smooth tho and doesn't bother me . I still don't like things touching it.

my last C-section was May 2013....my scar is gone(literally you cant see it and it only feels smooth.) BUT it still itches and kinda tender from time to time.

Mine was really itchy on and off for the first year. It began to lessen sometime recently... It's been nearly 2 years now and it very rarely bothers me anymore. It's a little numb in patches but no pain or itching 99% of the time!

Less than a year but due to itch and bumpiness was given a scar reduction cream from the doctor and that has helped

What was the cream, bordeaux? My scar has improved somewhat from my original post, but the problem bits are still there, and I think could do with some help to flatten, as the rest of the scar is just a silver line, and these bits are still raised and bright red >.<

Its called benovate ointment. Your issue sounds like mine and it has helped

mine has become very itchy since being pregnant again but is also smooth

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"