Anyone's toddler mostly on breastmilk?

twobecome3

One and one on the way
Reaction score
just curious really,

for example, yesterday she ate half a banana, half a cheese slice, some goldfish crackers, and a tiny dish of pasta. the rest was milk. while there are days she eats more food, this is an average day.

anyone else still have a boobaholic child :D

Holly was exactly the same at that age. She eats a little more now but still not as much as most toddlers her age. She really is so obsessed with boobs!

Jacob barely ate normal food until I stopped breastfeeding!! (29 months)

Yep. Same here. She's had back to back really bad colds, so that has made her want food even less, but even normally she's not a big eater. She really only eats a few bites of food most days. It is a bit frustrating, but I know she's getting good nutrition through breastmilk so I try not to worry too much. She's almost 19 months.

YES, it gets so frustrating. He even sometimes eats a decent meal and right after starts asking "milk? milk?" And he spits out other kinds of milk.

He's a lot better with eating (hope I haven't jinxed that), but he still wakes up at least three times to nurse at night. I really want to stop bf, but I'm scared about how I'm going to get him to sleep and what if he still won't eat?

DD1 was very much like that until she was almost 2, at which point she started eating a bit more. Now at 4, she eats just fine. I used to find it so annoying when doctors and HVs would always act so surprised that I was still breastfeeding, followed by saying it was just for comfort and not nutritionally all that good, blah blah blah; she certainly didn't seem to lack in anything hitting all her milestones right on track and having endless energy despite the lack of food eaten.

With DD2 I've been way less worried about her eating, though she does seem to like her food more anyway, as well as being pretty boob-obsessed.

DD1 was very much like that until she was almost 2, at which point she started eating a bit more. Now at 4, she eats just fine. I used to find it so annoying when doctors and HVs would always act so surprised that I was still breastfeeding, followed by saying it was just for comfort and not nutritionally all that good, blah blah blah; she certainly didn't seem to lack in anything hitting all her milestones right on track and having endless energy despite the lack of food eaten.

Umm…dear doctors, the World Health Organisation recommends bf to a minimum of two years because of the health benefits to mother and child!

While I'd never use that info to guilt anyone in to bf longer than they wanted to, it is appalling that doctors should be so uneducated about breastmilk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->