Anything different before labor begins?

blessmefreya

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I'm a FTM and at 39 weeks. I had a cervical check at my doctors appt yesterday and am 1cm dilated, but nothing else exciting to speak of. I haven't lost any mucus plug, no water breaking, no big contractions, etc. Just some very mild cramps at bedtime.

Anyways... my energy completely nose dived today and I feel so uncomfortable in a new way. I'm sort of irritable and feel almost like a flu is coming on. And my whole belly feels "tired" (not sure how else to describe it).

I am just curious if this could all mean baby is coming sooner rather than later? Has anyone felt any sort of changes before their labor/pre-labor started??

The only thing I noticed was I started to get loads of EWCM about 24 hours before. Like loads. So much so that I thought I must have some sort of infection and it was actually making me feel uncomfortable and itchy. That was from the morning of the day before and that evening I felt really emotional and teary. That was all really. I didn't even have any BH that I obviously felt (I'm sure I had some, but I didn't notice), no contractions, no discomfort, nothing. I woke up to my waters going in the middle of the night and my daughter was born 11 hours after that.

Exactly what you describe! And increasing braxtons. I also had a bloody show with my 3rd. (Bloody show only in labour with other two)

I always went out for a nice long walk when getting these symptoms!

How exciting!!! Good luck!

I woke up on the morning of 39+6 just not feeling right, couldn't put my finger on it but I just felt off somehow. Had a lot of diarrhoea then my waters broke at lunch time and baby was here by 9pm.

Sarah xxx

Interesting!
Thank you ladies! :D

I had some serious Braxton Hicks this morning before I got out of bed- they actually hurt a bit, but were really inconsistent and went away after I got up and started walking around. I've had increased discharge today too!

I'm going to hope it's the beginning of something and spend some time on the yoga ball and walking today!

Interesting!
Thank you ladies! :D

I had some serious Braxton Hicks this morning before I got out of bed- they actually hurt a bit, but were really inconsistent and went away after I got up and started walking around. I've had increased discharge today too!

I'm going to hope it's the beginning of something and spend some time on the yoga ball and walking today!

Fingers crossed it won't be long for you!

Sarah xxx

I definitely felt a huge lack of energy about a week before I delivered my third. My most imminent sign though was feeling like I had to poop. Yes, I said it. I must have tried to go to the washroom fifty times the day I went into labour. This went on for hours until I finally clued in that I was having contractions in my bum, lol.

For all you women out there with a retroverted uterus, it's not uncommon to have your contractions in your bum and not your abdomen. Took three labours to figure that out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->