Apparently it's wrong to buy a pink car seat

KandyKinz

Longtime Mama
Reaction score
I found a carseat/stroller duo I love, but it comes in pink. We have zero plans to find out the sex, so it's really doubtful hubby will ever actually agree to purchasing it in case it's a boy.....

BUT isn't that just stupid?

Like really, what difference would it make if a boy had a pink carseat or stroller?

This whole gender thing is sooooo over-rated!

It's just a color.

Why should a child be denied the nicest looking stroller just because he has a penis?

I purchased a pink and flowery high chair when I was pregnant with DD (I found out the gender) I later had a son whose been sitting in that same pink flowery high chair since he was 6 months old. He's never complained, as long as he gets fed he's happy :haha: and I almost bought a purple jogger stroller when I was pregnant with him because I liked it and thought it was really nice!

IMO color doesn't matter, something like this only matters to adults it seems, your child will never tell the difference.

You might feel a bit different about it when you are taking out a baby boy and everyone is commenting on your lovely little girl. I agree it's stupid but there are reasons people tend to stick to the stereotypes. I'll be using a lot of my daughters bits for this baby (a boy) but it will be stuff used at home (changing mat bath towels etc). I also bought a blue car seat before knowing we were having a boy because it will only be used in the car.

Ive bought a bright purple pram and i dont know what im having , i just loved the colour :)

But does it really matter if strangers know what kind of genitals your baby has? I dress my daughter in girly and not girly things so sometimes people think she's a boy. Sometimes I correct them and sometimes I don't... Most of the time I don't care if they think she's a girl or a boy. I just don't see why it matters if someone thinks your son is a girl, or if your son is dressed in pink and flowers. It's not like being a girl is something bad haha. We are pregnant with a boy this time and I will definitely be dressing him in a lot of my daughters old clothes that I loved. Including a particular pair of glittery pink unicorn jammies. I think they're cute regardless of gender. I think it will just result in a better man who actually treats women like people when they're older. It's a shame people put so much weight into pink vs blue.

It's nothing to do with anyone else, buy what colour and style you like :)
My daughter often used to get mistaken for a boy!

I personally wouldn't put a boy in a pink pram with flowers all over it. That's just me though. You do what you want, stuff anyone else who thinks differently

I've just bought my son a bright blue car seat because it was on special offer. We plan on having another baby in a year or so and once he's out grown it that baby will use it regardless if it's a he or she. You go for what you want to.

Sorry I personally wouldn't put a boy in a pink car seat or stroller x

Id put my son in a pink car seat, and yeah I'd put him in a pink stroller too, who cares?

I had a girl before my boy and he ended up with her toys which were pink and a pink bouncy chair. I didn't care and Nore did he x

It's not like little one will know to complain. In the US, pink used to be considered the manlier of the two colors and was a traditional boy's color. We have my grandpa's baby blanket and it is very, very pink.

Every one is entitled to their own opinion, you may not feel it personally matters but your stance is not really very kind towards people who are more traditional in that aspect...I don't only dress my daughters in pinks/purples and I don't bother with the princess stuff, I also won't only dress my son in blues or other "boyish colors" but I wouldn't put my son in a pink stroller/car seat...you're allowed to not agree with it but be kind to others Who disagree, I'm more traditional and I won't change my opinion based on others just the same as you, but I also try not to be rude about people who would do differently than I do. I'm not trying to argue with you, just thought you may want to consider other people's opinions...

Every one is entitled to their own opinion, you may not feel it personally matters but your stance is not really very kind towards people who are more traditional in that aspect...I don't only dress my daughters in pinks/purples and I don't bother with the princess stuff, I also won't only dress my son in blues or other "boyish colors" but I wouldn't put my son in a pink stroller/car seat...you're allowed to not agree with it but be kind to others Who disagree, I'm more traditional and I won't change my opinion based on others just the same as you, but I also try not to be rude about people who would do differently than I do. I'm not trying to argue with you, just thought you may want to consider other people's opinions...

I get where the OP is coming from, like saying it's just a color, why should people make it out to be such a big deal. I understand that point of view. I think she is just frustrated that her hubby wouldn't want their son to be in an all girly stroller which aside from the color aspect is a terrific stroller, but I do understand his point of view.

But yes, everyone's opinion matters, and I do think she could have some sympathy for her husband's point of view, it's not a random stranger or another family member. I also think it is very common for men to prefer their sons to be dressed etc. in more boy-ish things. He is also the father of the child. :flower: So a compromise at the very least might be the way to go.

The pram I got was going to be blue either way, its my fave colour xxxx

I personally wouldn't do it either, unless I had to. Like say I had it from a previous girl and couldn't afford a new one. But that's the reason I bought plain black ones to sniffs any issues like that.

And add someone else pointed out, you might get annoyed if you have a boy and everyone assumes he's a girl. I don't dress my son in only blues, but also things that would be considered gender neutral, and no matter what he's wearing I regularly get asked about my "daughter". I personally find that incredibly annoying, and couldn't imagine adding fuel to that fire.

To be fair I wouldn't put a boy in a pink car seat, but I wouldn't put a girl in one either, I detest pink..... But that is just me.

When i was pregnant with my dd there was a really good deal on my stroller/car seat it was pink with flowers but was 90% off so i got the entire set for $50 so what i did was buy a car seat cover(covered inside of carseat)off etsy in boy colours for $30 so still was saving money but buying that set maybe that is an option if its a really good deal and the only thing stopping you is colour

If I liked the color then I would have no problem putting a boy in it. But if my husband had an issue with it, I would find something we both like instead. It is impossible to tell if an infant is a boy or a girl, people are going to get it wrong no matter what the child is wearing, so I wouldn't care. However, if you put a boy in a pink stroller then you will have to expect everyone assuming he is a girl.

Personally, I wouldn't buy pink just in case it is a boy. But that is me. We used an ugly grey and blue car seat for DD and a navy blue stroller and she slept in a blue co-sleeper. Because that's what was "left over" from when my nephews were babies. Just recently I was given a navy blue and green playpen from a friend who's son outgrew it because I gave my sister a beautiful pink one that I bought for my daughter that had a whole lots of neat add-ons when she got pregnant with her daughter (she had nothing and I already had a nice crib and bassinet)

And to be honest I could care less what people think about putting my DD in blue stuff. But for this new baby we were lucky enough to get a brand new purple car seat and we have picked out a black and purple double stroller/pram (which could work for either gender)

My husband does not care for gender stereotypes, and when pregnant with DD had tantrum after tantrum about all the pink and frills I was buying... When she got here he was just as "AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW" as I was when she was dressed up in it all.

In the end, I guess I am saying, do what make you happy, pay no attention to what anyone else thinks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->