Apparently it's wrong to buy a pink car seat

Well it's your business really, but since your hubby isn't for it, I think I wouldn't force him. I wouldn't put a boy in a pink pram personally, strangers commenting on my pretty girl would get on my nerves, and not correcting them would seem weird.

Meh, wouldn't bother me. I used to have my little boy in boys/gender netrual clothes, in a black pram and people often used to ask how 'she' was, never bothered me in the slightest!
I just used to say, she's fine thank you etc and move on! Life is too short to worry about colour and strangers mistaking gender :)

People used to think my son was a girl even when I dressed him in "boy colors". He's very pretty. Lol. Color doesn't matter

Yeah, I have two other boys and people would very frequently assume they were girls even when they were dressed in very stereotypical male clothing whilst being pushed in manly coloured strollers. My 4 year old son, still gets referred to as a girl often, mostly because he has long hair. So far he's not bothered by it and continues to want to keep his hair long.

Anyways, regardless of whether they're in a pink stroller or not people will probably assume girl anyways. I seem to create 'pretty' boys as well. Hubby still isn't keen on the idea.

AND I showed a friend of mine the stroller I was eying up..... Her reply "Really? I'd never put my girl in a pink stroller. I dont like forcing gender stereotypes on them that young. I thought you weren't going to find out the Rex?" And them when I said I wasn't finding out the sex and was contemplating putting a boy in it I got a funny look. Talk about hypocritical....

So.... Apparently pink is no longer acceptable for boys or girls. What a world! LoL

I would buy it because I teach my children that all colors are for everyone, all toys are for everyone, etc. I'm not sure why some folks think that girls own pink and boys can't enjoy it or that anyone in pink must be a girl. My oldest son's (age 3.5) favorite color is pink, and he picked out a dresser with pink drawers and pink shoes and talks about pink all the time. He asks everyone what their favorite color is, just so he can tell them that his favorite color is pink. Haha. I don't like pink, so of course he chose it. Haha. My younger son (2) looooves Hello Kitty and has a Hello Kitty bed set and some pink Hello Kitty shirts, which only came in pink. :shrug: He is all boy and already stops to flirt with all the cute girls. Haha. (I'm in trouble with him!)

We were in a similar situation with some other baby equipment. A friend wanted to sell us her pink bouncer and high chair before we knew the gender. I was so dead-set that this was a boy but DH and I kept forcing ourselves to say "well, it won't kill a boy to be in pink stuff." But then I realized that there will most likely be many pictures of them in the bouncer and high chair, and those pictures will last forever. Even though they won't know the difference as a baby, somewhere down the line they will see the pictures and they may question or be embarrassed.

In our case, that friend suddenly stopped responding to any messages I sent her about buying them and I suspect she sold them to someone else, so that sort of resolved itself.

I'd get whatever makes you and hubby happy. I had my daughter in a pink infant car seat and still had people telling me what a cute little boy I had LOL

My two year old is obsessed with all things pink. DH and I have no problem with him
Playing with pink toys but I doubt DH would be happy if I had a pink stroller. Our stroller is polka dot which I actually think is a bit girly but I liked it.

Like many others have said, he too was always mistaken for a girl, even if he was in head to toe blue. We couldn't be bothered to correct them! If the next one is a girl she will wear a lot of her brother's clothes.

I understand OP's frustration at gender stereotypes. It is frustrating being told what you should/shouldn't do with either sex.

I would. I have blacked out back windows and besides I'd rather have something that suits my car rather than the child :haha:

People used to think my son was a girl even when I dressed him in "boy colors". He's very pretty. Lol. Color doesn't matter

haha mine too, had him in brown footed pajamas with beige woodland animals and blue raccoons.. they still told me have a beautiful girl. My sister had her daughter in a dress with a hair band and purple girly shoes and people still asked her about her boy. People will think what they want.
While I personally wouldn't buy a pink car seat for a boy I would use one that I had left over from my daughter (if I had one) and don't think it's "wrong" or anything. I personally like to do everything gender specific when it comes to equipment but my son's favorite toy for a while was a pinky pie my little pony baby doll that he could feed and make giggle, and he loves to paint his nails (much to every male's dismay). I think what would bother me the most in doing that is the comments from people "wow looks like you really want/wanted a girl" or something obnoxious.. I say if it makes you happy then talk your dh into it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->