Appendicitis? Help

Peanut33

Reaction score
hello,

I haven't posted on here before (but I have read a lot of helpful advice). I am hoping someone can help me. I have an on an off pain in the lower right part of my abdomen, it can get worse with standing and laying down. Also worse if I need a wee. Really worried that it is appendicitis but hoping it is gas pain?

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

I have that myself...but I'm at 30+3 and she's kind of got her hands wedged in that spot. I would think it's probably round ligament pain, but if it's concerning you, definitely call your midwife/OB.

yeah agree with the pp, I would say it is more likely to be just round ligament pain, when I had appendicitis I couldn't walk the pain was so over whelming and I was throwing up but still is impossible to know for sure unless you get checked :)

Yes it could be round ligament pain. I tend to just have it on one side at a time.
Best to get it checked out though just to be on the safe side :flower:

Call your MW/OB if it gets worse. Could be rectus abdominis or round ligament pain. Mine always feels like bad bowel pain :p

Probably ligament pain. My daughter had appendicitis last month and she went from a pain she couldn't explain very well in the early morning to crying in the PM to vomitting bile every 30 minutes overnight, unable to put any pressure on her lower stomach area, etc.

And from talking to a couple people afterwards about their experience, they also had extreme pain, vomitting, etc. Way worse than birthing I heard! But definitely check with your Dr if you fear anything at all.

Thank you for all the replies, you have made me feel a lot better! It certainly hasn't got worse and apart from morning sickness I am not throwing up.

:flower:

I was wondering this exact same thing and I'm not even pregnant. Just had a horrible pain in my abdomen which has steadily been getting worse all day 😟

I was in a&e last month with suspected appendicitis. Similar pain to what you describe.

Doc carried out bloods etc. He said unless im doubled over in agony not too worry just pregnancy related. Apparently the pain increases quickly. Hope you feel better xx

Yeeeah gonna go with round ligament pain as well since I'm suffering very much the same. I know baby is on the right and I know I have a low lying placenta so I'm writing all the pains off to that right now. I know when my best friend had appendicitis she was VERY ill with a high fever, extreme vomiting, couldn't even touch her belly etc etc. Definitely rest and give your OB/MW a ring if it gets any worse or you start a fever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->