Apply Lanisoh 2x daily to help nipples before birth??

libbyam2003

Toddler and infant
Reaction score
Hey guys! I had tons of issues with cracked/bleeding nipples for the first month or so with my first baby... so now with #2 I'm wanting to avoid it if I can! I just read you can apply Lanisoh twice a day, especially after your shower, starting a month before your due date to make sure your nipples are soft and moisturized for when the baby comes? And then every time after you nurse? Has anyone heard about that? I know I used it after nursing, but not until I started having problems, so not sure how it works for preventative care.

I was planning on applying it once a day after showers once i have my baby cause i have really sensitive nipples....but now im going to look into applying it before shes even born! Thanks for the info!

my sis said if u express a little for a few weeks before bub comes and rub the coloustrum into ur nipples , it toughens them up in prep for bub, she is the only one i have heard that from though, i must google it and see what doc google thinks ;)

I went on a breastfeeding workshop and I asked the midwife whether cream needs to be applied every day. She said that you only need to apply it if you end up cracked and sore, if everything is going well you don't need to apply it as a preventative. She also said if you are cracked and sore to speak to someone about how baby is latching on and feeding as something isn't quite right if you do get sore x

Mine get really dry after a shower so I've been applying it every time I shower since about 20 weeks. I didn't know if regular lotion was ok.

i googled the milk and airdry thing and loads of moms say do it for sore nipples, havent found one saying do it in advance of bub being born yet though.

I can't see it helping much before LO is born. It definitely helps to apply it after every feeding once you start BFing though. DS had a perfect latch right from his 1st feeding and I still had cracked and sore nipples for the 1st few weeks. But it does get better, and after 3-4 weeks I didn't need any cream.

I know this wasnt the point of your thread, but has your first lo ever been checked for tongue tie and lip tie (even if it is "only" a "sneaky tongue tie")? The BFing advocate in me is red flagged by your comment of dealing with cracked, bleeding, and painful nipples the entire time you nursed. And to further that point, i would highly consider getting this LO checked for both as well. If Lanisoh 2x daily pre delivery did actually work, if there was an anatomical reason for your suffering (which highly likely there is based on my experience working with BFing moms), then really you are just masking the symptoms and not treating the issue.

This sounds more than just mere dry skin. Dry skin is one thing. Cracked and bleeding is totally different.

I know this wasnt the point of your thread, but has your first lo ever been checked for tongue tie and lip tie (even if it is "only" a "sneaky tongue tie")? The BFing advocate in me is red flagged by your comment of dealing with cracked, bleeding, and painful nipples the entire time you nursed. And to further that point, i would highly consider getting this LO checked for both as well. If Lanisoh 2x daily pre delivery did actually work, if there was an anatomical reason for your suffering (which highly likely there is based on my experience working with BFing moms), then really you are just masking the symptoms and not treating the issue.

This sounds more than just mere dry skin. Dry skin is one thing. Cracked and bleeding is totally different.

Thanks for the questions... I was actually like another commenter on here... It was just the first month or so that I had the issues... then I was fine. But yeah that felt like a long time to deal with it ugh! I'd start to heal, but then her nursing would soften and open the wounds again so it was a never ending problem, well, for a month. And I'd guess it didn't happen right away, but I don't remember if it was after a week or what. That first bit is a blur!

I did have a lactation consultant (who had taught my bfing class) come and check my latch and she said it was fine... I tried to stuff the whole nipple in the mouth so she wasn't just using the tip because I heard that is not good... I do have sensitive skin (burn easily, don't touch my face to avoid breakouts), just hadn't really ever thought about my nips being sensitive...

every lc i had said both of my boys latch was good. and it was. it was perfect, but they both still had TT and LTs. the actual tongue and the lip needs examined. Because a latch can look good on the outside but inside if the anatomy is causing an issue you cant see that. I took my kids to a pediatric dentist and got it revised. I never realized how much pain i was in until i got DS2 revised. I realized how much i downplayed the pain as time went on. You do bc you have to adapt somehow, but man it totally fixed the issues. I woudl highly recommend getting the actual mouth checked out bc latch doesn't always have to be poor for ties not to cuase trouble.

and if it does turn out that you are just super sensitive, at least you know. that is the best case scenario. It isn't ever normal to have long term pain while nursing (1 month is long term)

Oh ok I will have this baby checked out in the hospital or by the ped then! Because yeah figured if problem went away after a month, that it must have not been the problem, but now... who knows! Thanks

Mine get really dry after a shower so I've been applying it every time I shower since about 20 weeks. I didn't know if regular lotion was ok.

mine actually get so moist after a shower...:wacko: and they will be sticky

good luck hon <3 hopefully it wont even be an issue this time around, whatever the issue was. :hugs:

are you going to apply the lanisoh before birth then? If you do, please update and let us know how you get along. If it does help id be willing to try it :D

Right now, the plan is to apply after every nursing from the start versus waiting for bleeding etc. We'll see if I also apply the last month or not... if I do, I bet it'd just be at night... if I do it in the morning, I'd have to wear pads, I'd think, in order to not get it in my bras ugh!

oh yeah, thats true! It can def ruin your clothes/sheets if it comes in contact with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->