Applying for a primary school place

jane99

Reaction score
Is it true that faith schools have to allocate a certain no. of places to non-faith children? Or does this only apply if the school is under-subscribed?

My local catholic primary school has 7 admission criterias.

We would be ranked at the bottom (7 - any other children).

Obviously baptised Catholic practicising children are ranked at nos. 1 & 2 etc.

I really like the school but there were lots of parents at the open day who had travelled from nearby towns whose children would be ranked at no 6:
Practicising baptised/christened or dedicated children who are members of the practicising Christian Demoniations that are part of the Churches Together in England. Distance criteria also applies - those living nearest to the school etc.

Do I take it that the children ranked at no. 6, who dont live in the town of the school, would get priority over children ranked at no. 7, who live round the corner of the school?

Its only that I dont invisage any places being leftover for children ranked at no. 7

Thanks

We are planning to send our little beanie to a CofE school, and we are very lucky we live nearby and LO will be baptised. I think alot depends on how many applications per year. xx

We are planning to send our little beanie to a CofE school, and we are very lucky we live nearby and LO will be baptised. I think alot depends on how many applications per year. xx

Its worth checking your C of E school admissions criteria, in addition to getting your LO baptised. Our local C of E school requires that you attend church for at least 2 years and you are then ranked accordingly (ie. whether you attend weekly, fortnightly, monthly or church festivals). This school is heavily over-subscribed, therefore, those seriously wanting to get their into this school, attend church weekly, in order to be higher up in the criteria. Then they are ranked by distance, those living nearest to the school.

Oh gosh, ito complicated. :wacko: We are christians, but we don't go to church every week, simply because we work, but it doesn't change who we are. Hopefully LO will get it, otherwise I will be so disappointed, as this is the education I would really like for them. xx

Agree, its unfair, discriminating against those who have to work weekends etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->