Archie

tinkerbelle93

2 little boys :)
Reaction score
Opinions on this name for a little boy?

My DH loves it and I've dismissed it until now when it's started to really grow on me.

My mum really pulled a face when I mentioned it and said its very old-fashioned and a nickname for Archibald rather than a name in its own right. But it's a popular and current name now on its own for baby boys so I don't think it would be viewed that way by most people?

Our son is Oliver, does 'Oliver and Archie' sound nice together? Would it suit a growing boy/teenager/man as well?

Opinions please! Our other main contenders as George and Henry x

I don't particularly like the name as I don't think it ages well. I personally find it quite cutesy.

Old fashioned names are definitely coming back into fashion just now, I do associate it with Archibald but it is also a name in its own right.

We are pretty sure this baby will be Archer. His nickname will probably be Archie when he's young.

I like Archie on it's own, but agree it doesn't age as well.

I think it goes with Oliver.

See that is one of the main things that puts me off, same with the girls names Daisy.. I love it but think its only suited to a baby or child. But then again because these names are very popular among babies now there will be a lot of teenagers and adults with them in the future, so maybe they won't be perceived as cutesy then if that makes sense? X

I worry about how well Gracie will age but she could always use Grace, I think it is the "ie" ending which doesn't suit adults but its true about it being more common when the next generation grows up.

I also love Archer and Asher and I think they are similar but may age better.

See that is one of the main things that puts me off, same with the girls names Daisy.. I love it but think its only suited to a baby or child. But then again because these names are very popular among babies now there will be a lot of teenagers and adults with them in the future, so maybe they won't be perceived as cutesy then if that makes sense? X

Yes! That makes perfect sense. Its just hard to imagine it right now haha. So many names are like this to me: Poppy, Louie, etc. It doesn't mean they aren't nice names. I really love Archie! But we have opted for Archer with the nn Archie.

My grandfather was Archibald but called Archie throughout his life so I think it does age well. It is quite an old fashioned name but Archie has become really popular in its own right in the last few years. I think it sounds nice with Oliver but most importantly I think if you love it, go for it!

I like Archie. It is cute while they're little, but I think the fact that some people see it as old fashioned proves that it does age well! It obviously suits older men too! :) And like you said, most of the other kids his age will have similar style names anyway so it won't really matter.

Oliver and Archie do sound good together but personally I prefer Oliver and George.

Its so popular where I am its put me off it, which is a shame as I think its lovely as a nursery teacher in a small village i have to add that in the last 2 years I`ve had 5 Archie`s on roll. and they always seem to be the more cheeky little characters lol

I love archie, and disagree that it doesn't age well. I actually see it as an older person's name! I've got two middle-aged family members called archie so maybe that's why :)

Archie and Oliver sounds lovely.

If this baby is a boy, Archer was on our short list. The only thing holding us back is the fear that people will try to use the nickname Archie instead. I'm not sure why it bugs us so much, but I think for me it's because I envision a crotchety old man when I hear it. LOL.

That said, what matters most is how YOU feel about the name. I'm sure people don't always agree with my name choices, but they make me happy. I also think that Archie goes well with Oliver if you do decide to use it. So that's one less thing to worry about. :)

Archie makes me think of a cute little British boy. It's a nice name and goes very well with Oliver.

Our eldest (four year old) is Archie and I adore it just as much now as when he was a baby. I think it will age just fine with him and I personally don't see it as being an old fashioned name. Even though it's supposed to be popular, I don't know one other Archie in his preschool/ in the schools I've taught in. I'm thrilled I called him this name and love it so much! Archie and Oliver sound gorgeous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->