Archie?

LoveCakes

Reaction score
I don't know if it's my daughters Balamory obsessional the moment but me and oh we're discussing Archie as a name the other day. We'd have Arthur rather than Archibald as the 'proper' name

The main thing putting me off is I don't think it suits an adult and would want them to change it say for secondary school. To me apart from personal nicknames you have one name always.

Opinions?

To be honest, I think Archie is a name that can fit all ages. It's a little unique, kind of cool, friendly, masculine.. I like it!

I love Archie,It's one of my shortlist & I think it ages well

I dislike Archie.

To me it is short for Archibald and have never heard it as short for Arthur. I also feel like it was a trend name about 5 years ago that has now stopped being trendyv and that would put me off.

I also just dislike cutesy names that work on babies but seem odd on grown men and for me Archie it's one of those

Personally I like it as a nn but it's a stretch for Arthur. Artie makes more sense to me in that case.
Besides Archibald it could be a nn for Archer.

I don't mind Archie but to get it from Arthur is quite a stretch imo. I loveeee Arthur though!!

WDYT of Archer? if you want a full name for it maybe that would work.

I prefer Alfie

I like Archer, but it's a bit unusual for where we live. My hubby is a qualified archery instructor though :)

I know Arthur is a stretch but the internet told me it was a nn lol

I'll keep it on the list and see but still unsure

And unfortunately my cousin (age 4) is an Alfie.

I have about 10 cousins under 10 and they took most of my favourite names

I like Archie. If you are gonna be calling him Archie day to day then I don't see the point in a 'proper' name. Just confusing and unnecessary, IMO.

I agree with the others, not sure how Archie is short for Arthur?

Archie is lovely on its own x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->