Are breastfeeding/nursing tops worth it?

toffee87

Reaction score
Or do you wear 'normal' clothes to breastfeed?

I've only used normal clothes. I've always worn a vest under another top especially if I was going to be feeding while out and about. You can unclip your nursing bra before pulling your top up x

I've just been using regular clothes. I wear a tank top underneath that I pull down under my boob and the top shirt up.

I do the same as pp's. The only time I thought about nursing tops is when I have LO in the wrap carrier because I can't pull my top up so I have to unwrap!
Vest under and baggy over tops work well for me but I do get quite hot!

Stretchy tank and button up shirts are excellent when nursing in public, pull the tank down and unbutton the shirt a bit :)

I pretty much exclusively wear V-neck or low-cut shirts for easy access. I used to wear a lot of tank tops under regular shirts as well when I was feeding her more frequently.

Same here. Vest top underneath and another top over it. I find the proper nursing tops don't keep up with the latest trends.

Generally I just use normal clothes though I do find they get a bit stretched out. I bought a couple of nursing tank tops on eBay though to do me in the summer when I don't want too many layers!

I have a couple of 'boob' tops which are great for when I'm babywearing for most of the day coz they open at the middle. Otherwise I just do the two top thing.

I use the two top method. I struggled to find nursing tops that didn't have a weird loose bit at the tummy, like it was for a baby bump?! So weird!

I used the 2 shirt thing with my first 2, but this time I have some Boob shirts and a Bravado tank and it is so so much better. Much easier to access, very discreet, and wayyyy cooler. I am BF on demand in 30+ degree weather so wearing 2 shirts would be too hot. I so wish I had invested in some with my other 2! And bonus - it's super easy to nurse in a wrap or carrier.

I recently invested I'm some good nursing tanks and I am really happy with them, I did just normal clothes all winter and spring and that was fine but I wanted something that I could wear as a top on it's own. They are so nice and comfy but I am glad I waited as my boobs have gotten a bit smaller and my ribcage has shrink back down since giving birth :)

I have a few bf tops and dresses. I only bought them because I liked the design or style (mainly from H&M).
I mainly wear just normal tops but prefer wearing nursing dresses as I struggle not exposing myself when wearing maxi dresses lol x

I think they are worth it, but I live in a hot climate where wearing two shirts will broil you in the summer. I don't like pull down nursing shirts or just wearing lower cut shirts because they expose a lot (H/I cups here!).

I also don't like the two shirt arrangement because you can't nurse in a carrier with the bottom strap holding you "over" shirt down.

At home, I just wear regular shirts and pull them all the way up. I have done this outside the home too, the baby just covers most of it, and I nurse in the car a lot. It's a good place with few distractions!

I wear nursing shirts to work and church and usually when out with LO. I pump at work and it's nice to NOT have to take your shirt off or pull it all up above your boobs.

So for me, worth it. I also struggled with finding nursing shirts that weren't "maternity + nursing", so I had to order $$$ ones online, but totally worth it working full time and stuff. Now I'm pregnant again, and I'm on the lookout for some of those "Maternity + nursing" shirts again....

I use the Undercover Mama tops that attach to your nursing bra which allows me to wear all my regular tops without having to worry about exposing my midriff. They make it super easy to breastfeed in public too, which is perfect for a ftm like me ;)

I buy tops with a cross over neck line. That way I just pop a boob out.

I wear h&m nursing tops underneath another top with an open neckline. I can feed in the sling easily, and i prefer the coverage as I've got quite big boobs that I don't want to get fully out all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->