Are children allowed in the ultrasound room?

emyandpotato

Reaction score
Does anyone know? I know that rules might vary from area to area but knowing rules in other areas might give me an idea! LO is desperate to come in, he's so so excited already about the baby and asks to see my tummy every five minutes. We also won't have anyone to watch him unless the ultrasound is perfectly timed for when he's at nursery.

Yep you're right, it really depends on that specific hospital policy.
We weren't allowed.

We weren't allowed either, they weren't even allowed in the waiting area incase other women were there experiencing a miscarriage.

In the early pregnancy unit we could bring our daughter but normal ultrasound you can't bring children unless you get a private scan x

Congrats hun I didn't know you were pregnant!!!! Sorry no help with the question I only brought DS to our private scan xx

Thanks guys. Didn't think he would be but was just hoping really!

I just assumed they were, as pretty sure my LO will be present at every scan. I've seen kids in the waiting room when I was having scans for my son, so I'm guessing it's okay. NZ is fairly relaxed about stuff, I find.

I just had my 20 week scan today and no children were allowed in the room.

I am in the USA. My son was at my first scan, and he will be at my second and third ones too :) The ultrasound technician was happy to have him even though he was fussing and even had lollipops in the room for children having a hard time.

Not allowed here. I think it is more for the fact that if you go in and something shows up on the ultrasound(like sad things), they don't want kids in there when they have to say that.

i wish- but not allowed here either.

Kids are allowed at our ultrasound place. No one is allowed in the room during the first part while the tech does all the measurements and everything, then they ask if you have anyone with you and they can come in (although I think it's immediate family only) and the tech will give you the nice profile shots and everything. :)

Harley Quinn- where in BC are you?? What u/s place to you go to?

They did not say where we went, although I imagine children would be allowed if supervised (someone other than the person being scanned to watch the child). There were plenty of children in the waiting room, as they do all kinds of imaging there, not just OB ultrasounds (MRI, etc).

My son always tags along with me as I don't have a babysitter and DH works full-time.
I had a scan today with my 11month old watching from his pram. He began cheering when he saw the screen, but got scared when I was examined internally.

Bug222, I go to Valley Medical Imaging in Abbotsford. :) It's just the place where my maternity group always sends its patients.

It depends on where you are I guess. I'm from Kentucky and they allow it. I live in Florida now though so idk if they allow it or not, guess I'll find out if I ever get pregnant again.

I had my baby at first and second ultrasound. And she will continue to come to them since im not getting a sitter for the 15 mins im there each month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->