Are dopplers easy to use?

Christinee

Reaction score
I am tempted to purchase one off of amazon, but am so worried I wont use it correctly and not get a heartbeat and stress myself out. I am 9 weeks...

They're pretty easy. You need to use it a lot lower than most people think. Bring it down to your bikini line and move slow, slow, slow. You're going to hear three noises if there is only one baby in there. Check your heart rate first so you know to distinguish it. You will also hear a whooshing sound with a little higher rate which is just blood rushing through an artery. The baby's heart rate sounds like a galloping horse. Just go low and slow, it may take a while at 9 weeks. Some people don't find it until 12.

I found my dd at 9 weeks but it wasn't easy, then I couldn't find nothing for 2 weeks, I did panic thinking something was wrong. It's really up to you but if you will worry that you can't find baba hb , I would wait a couple more weeks or till your 12 weeks scan x

I found my dd at 9 weeks but it wasn't easy, then I couldn't find nothing for 2 weeks, I did panic thinking something was wrong. It's really up to you but if you will worry that you can't find baba hb , I would wait a couple more weeks or till your 12 weeks scan x

That is what I worry about, exactly! Maybe I should wait! LOL I don't like stressing! I avoid it when I can.

You also have to push down harder than people think sometimes. There are YouTube videos that do a good job showing how to use one. I have a sonoline b that has a probe similar to what Drs use in the office.

I just got my sonoline B in the mail and tried finding the HB for 15 mins before I went to work! I successfully found mine, but not much else... I'm going to be trying for a while tonight and I already love it :)

I'm also fluffier than the average woman so it's hit or miss this early. I'm not stressed though, I got sick this morning so my HCG is obviously not decreasing.

I just got my sonoline B in the mail and tried finding the HB for 15 mins before I went to work! I successfully found mine, but not much else... I'm going to be trying for a while tonight and I already love it :)

I'm also fluffier than the average woman so it's hit or miss this early. I'm not stressed though, I got sick this morning so my HCG is obviously not decreasing.

8 wks is still pretty early, so it's good you're not stressed, lol. I'm plus sized and found baby's hb at 11 wks , and I couldn't get it every time .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->