Are evaps really this common?

mm962

Reaction score
Out of the 5 tests I've taken (2 blue dye, 1 frer, and 2 dollar tree), I have come back after the time limit to find lines on 3 of them. These are probably just evaps, but I have no idea how common evaps actually are. What are your opinions? I just started getting cramps, "twinges", and breast tenderness yesterday (Saturday, 12-13 dpo), but AF isn't due until Tuesday or Wednesday. I normally don't get cramps until the day AF arrives.

I'm not sure when I ovulated so these dpo's are estimates:
Blue dye test @ 10-11 dpo (visible line after time limit)
Blue dye @ 11-12 dpo (visible line after time limit)
Frer @ 12-13 dpo (bfn)
Dollar tree @ 13-14 dpo (bfn)
Dollar tree @ 13-14 dpo (visible line after time limit)

with my chemical i started testing at 1 dpo and started getting faints on all brands after time limit by an hour at 5 dpo. at 6 dpo they showed up half an hour after. by 7 dpo/only about 12 hours later they showed in under two minutes and were soo much darker.

For blue dyes, after the time limit, it's defintely an evap or false positive. They've very common for that. So I wouldn't think anything of it unless it showed a very clear bfp by the time limit.

As for the cheapie, well, it happens often enough to get evaps. It could be something as it's happened before but there's no way to know for sure unless you get the second line within the time limit.

Your symptoms sound promising though and some women/pregnancies just take longer to get bfps with urine so you're definitely not out. Keep testing and hopefully you'll get your bfp! :) You're not out until af shows her ugly face!

Good luck! :flower:

I had an evap line test with the dollar tree brand

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->