Are going to Breast Feed or Bottle??

Logiebear

Mum to 4 darlings
Reaction score
I have a lot of experience of failed breast feeding and sucessful bottle feeding but I am going to try and breast feed again. As this will be my last baby and I am determined to try and successfully bf this time! I tried and failed with no support 11 yrs ago with my first. I said I didn't want to bother with my last 2 but this time I am going to try and have been assured that there is a lot of support with my local breast feeding support counsillor.

Just wondering if everyone else is going to try bfing ro just go straight to bottle??

I can't breastfeed due to the life long medication Im on but If I could then i would deffinantly try breast feeding first and if I struggled with that or baby didnt get on then not get too down about it and go straight to bottle. But for me its bottle all the way
Xx

Iv been on Penacillin VK since I was 15 (Im now 17)and have to for the rest of my life due to having my spleen removed. It doesnt harm the baby whilst being pregnant but doctor has told me never to breast feed as it can affect baby
Xxxx

Im planning on bottle feeding from the word go. After much thought and research BF isnt the right choice for me.

Lol! Yep! Atleast Il feel like OH is getting involved and things.
Are you hoping to Breastfeed?
Xxx

I'm going to try bf first as I know it's better for bubs (esp at the start) plus free!! If it doesn't work then so be it, I'm not going to beat myself up about it. I was bottle fed and have not suffered because of it

hoping to breast feed and express so oh can bottle feed too

mainly because its best for baby and its free xx

With first DS (who is now 12) I had zero support,I just had a section and I just went to bottlefeeding.
I was 19 and very new and nervous about the whole thing.
DS #2 I breastfed for 6 weeks and in the end was in tears,baby was attached to me it seems 24/7.
I got mastitis and hubby was having a mad dash up to all night chemists for formula while I was on the phone to a lovely woman on NHS direct blubbering.

I want to try and make it to at 6 months this time,though I am not going to beat myself up like last time if I don't get as far.
If I make it to 3 months I will be so chuffed!

I know i cannot BF , I did try with both mine hun .. I dont produce Milk at all non zilch zero ...
I tried allsorts but my stubborn body wasnt having non of it lol .

So this time instead of getting myself stressed and emotional trying soo hard to bf iam going to not attempt it and go straight to bottle , The felling i got when finnley was high pitch screaming when he wasnt getting milk out was awfull .

Iam staying very positive about this thow and OH is very excited about doing night feeds (Crazy man lol) . xxxxx .

Good luck in your choice hun . x .

I was going to bottle feed, but i keep getting this urge to breast feed, i cant explain it, i never had with my others, but i really want to give it a go.
I dont know if i will or not, we'll have to see about that.

I breastfed Lauren for a year, Abi for about 14/15months and Toby for 9months but had to stop as it was causing painful contractions and I was worried I would miscarry this baby. Am hoping to breastfeed "smudge" for a year too.

It's something I've always wanted to do even though I'd never previously seen anybody do it and all my family bottlefed. It's an amazing experience and I think it helped me bond with babies better as i have suffered from postnatal depression each time too:cry:

I even did my "Breastmates" training so I could help other local Mummies to breastfeed successfully:happydance::cloud9:

i'm going to give it a good bash, i've bought bottles and some pre done milk just i case, i have alot of friends who breast feed and they said once you get into it its easier than bottle feeding (hence one less thing to carry round etc)
its the social side that bothers me like going out to friends n family or shopping even. but mw said thats the easiest thing to get over,
try it see how you get on dont pressure yourself i aint
good luck
x

I'm really hoping to breastfeed but I will express as well so that OH can help with the feeds. x

I Bf both my other Lo's till they were about 13 months and plan to Bf this baby.
I ummed and Ahhed about it as I had only just got my body back when I fell preg with this one and felt like I had been Bf forever! but I know I would feel guilty for not Bf this one. Though I do plan to introduce a bottle of expressed milk as soon as possible to enable me to have a bit of me time and get Dp involved a bit more. I didnt do this with the other two.

I breastfed Kayleigh for 6 weeks, and she was much happier after I switched to bottle. I went straight to bottle with Charlie and he was such a contented baby.

I'm therefore going straight to bottle this time too.

im gona try BF but have bottles n breast pump etc aswell just incase xxx

I am planning to breastfeed........ not really sure how easy that will be with two babies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->