Are opks worth it?

gezimmom

Reaction score
Are opks worth it? I can't do bbt (inconsistent wakeup). I'm planning on charting cm, but was wondering if I should also try doing opks. I saw a post where someone said they didn't have much luck with them.

For most women opks do work and help you pinpoint ovulation. Usually only about 10-15% of women don't get clear opk results.
Even with inconsistent sleep I'd still try and do bbt, just do it at the same time, after same activity or whatnot and it should show you a pattern that should be pretty accurate.

For most women opks do work and help you pinpoint ovulation. Usually only about 10-15% of women don't get clear opk results.
Even with inconsistent sleep I'd still try and do bbt, just do it at the same time, after same activity or whatnot and it should show you a pattern that should be pretty accurate.

Thanks! My lo is getting 8 teeth right now :headspin: and only 3 have broken through. The other 5 are swollen masses, so she wakes up screaming at varying times. Maybe when she sleeps better I'll try charting bbt again! (I kept forgetting last time I tried with my 2nd pregnancy. If walk to the bathroom before remembering) :dohh:

Are opks worth it? I can't do bbt (inconsistent wakeup). I'm planning on charting cm, but was wondering if I should also try doing opks. I saw a post where someone said they didn't have much luck with them.

I'm not pregnant yet, but I really like opks! This is going to sound insanely stupid, but I find opks to be really encouraging. My husband and I get so excited whenever the second line starts darkening up on the IC version b/c we know we'll get another chance soon! We usually find silly reasons to celebrate and go on extra fun dates or mini trips. In a couple weeks, we're going to a weird town with a quirky bed and breakfast to celebrate ovulation. Lol. Isn't making a baby sexy? Hahaha.

That's very cute Kate. I wish my guy and I did such things lol :)

It is for me . I have a pretty consistent cycle and have been pretty accurate at predicting ovulation but having the conformation is nice

I am one of those women who don't use OPKs anymore, because they don't work for me. I have not seen a positive OPK as yet, yet my bloodtests confirmed Ovulation.

Id say, give it a try, it works differently for all of us. I know women who get positive OPKs a few times a month and therefor cannot pinpoint ovulation. So it can go both ways.

I dont bbt as well as I suffer from insomnia. I just track my CM and do a bloodtest to confirm ovulation.

I am one of those women who don't use OPKs anymore, because they don't work for me. I have not seen a positive OPK as yet, yet my bloodtests confirmed Ovulation.

Id say, give it a try, it works differently for all of us. I know women who get positive OPKs a few times a month and therefor cannot pinpoint ovulation. So it can go both ways.

I dont bbt as well as I suffer from insomnia. I just track my CM and do a bloodtest to confirm ovulation.

Thanks for sharing. I guess if my period ever comes I'll start opks then. I track cm (my position is all over the place).

Opk were not for me this time, I was never getting positives and it was getting me down, I did temping and first cycle of not using the Opk I got my bfp

I have PCOS, and I'm not sure if that's why or not, but I've never had a positive OPK in my entire life.

My cycle is flaky. I chart temps, cm and used OPKs for my last pregnancy. The OPKs work well enough, but sometimes the levels will rise enough to get a positive but you won't actually O, and the only way to tell if you did is by charting your BBT because the temp rise will happen a day or so later. I had two positive OPKs before I O'd the last time I used them. They do work, but unless your CM is really reliable, I'd still do BBT too. Regardless of your wonky wake-up times :)

Thanks! If I ever start my period it looks like I'll be charting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->