Are posts ever edited?

madasa

Mum of 2
Reaction score
In most forums I am on, if a post contains "inflammatory content" or directly attacks another member, it is edited by moderators. I've never seen that happen here - the thread gets closed. Is this standard practise here, or do individual posts get edited? And if not why not? The only thing I can think of is the sheer size of the forum, but the other forums I am on are not small either.... I have looked through the Rules and can't see anything relating to this.

posts are sometimes edited, depending on what is said though usually it's for websites being linked that aren't allowed etc. Posts are never edited without us making comments

It's very hard to clean up threads without being accused of censorship (or without second hand interpretation of 'why we did what we did' flying about between members behind the scenes). We have tried it, and on some occasions we do edit threads; but most times clearing up a thread is a bit of a mission (especially when it means removing posts, or there has been a report) without a new thread popping up saying 'what happened to XXXX thread?'

We tend to go with the route of less resistance LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"