are there any single ladies ttc with a sperm donor?

genesismarie

Reaction score
Hello ladies,
Just wondering if there are any single ladies ttc with a sperm donor?
If your comfortable can you share your experience?

Genesis

Hi :hi:

Not sure if you're still around but I saw this post and thought i'd reply. I'm ttc to be a smbc (single mother by choice). I've wanted a baby seriously for the past 4 years now, and didn't want to wait to possibly meet someone to settle down with. After I had researched free sperm donors etc, I made an appointment with my gp to discuss things. After going through my cycles and having some blood test, i was told that I most probably had pcos whichm eans it could take a while for me to concieve. So I decided to start right away.

I found my donor on an online forum. This way of conceiving appealed ot me because i cant afford to go down the clinical route, and I prefer to have spoken to my donor and spent a bit of time with them. He's a great guy. Very patient, as my cycles are insane. I artificially inseminate at home whenever the time is right. I have officially been trying since last September. Still no bfp but now that i have been referred to a fertility clinic, im extremely hopeful.

There aren't many smbc on here but there is an amaxzing group of ladies that have supported me through it all. You can find us here https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/assisted-conception/1993001-any-solo-mums-out-there.html

Hope everything is going well with you :hugs:

I think this I great! Can I ask the method you're using to artificially inseminate yourself? My fiance has a hard time finishing during intercourse so we've been using the self ejaculating method and then inserting the sperm using a preseed dispenser. I don't know if it's going to work but it seems to be the only way we can get multiple days of swimmers in around fertile time. I hope it works out for you VERY soon. My mother was a single mom by choice and it was amazing growing up with a mother/best friend like that. I never missed having a "father" because I had everything in her. :)

I'm so glad to hear that you had a happy childhood. Sometimes I wonder if i'm doing the right thing but I have so much love to give a child on my own. Plus I have a huge extended family and some really amazing friends.

Well I use a 10ml syringe. sometimes my donor does everything for me and just hands me the syringe full of semen. Other times he ejaculates into a pot, I wait until the semen part liquefies, then I draw it up into the syringe.

I always insert a softcup afterwards for good measure, but I have heard of a lot of women conceiving after the guy ejaculates into the softcup and they pop it right in. You could try that. There's also a device called 'the stork' have you heard of it? That could be really useful for you.

I'm glad I could help by mentioning my happy childhood. My mom was 15 when she got pregnant so things could have gone very badly but with the help of her mother she was able to do everything possible to give me the best life. And I really love the closeness we have, even till this day. I always planned on having a child myself if I didn't find a partner. I found the most wonderful man but it looks like I might still need to do a bit of it by myself. ;) I haven't heard of the stork, I'll Google it! I've heard a lot about the soft cups so I know I should invest in some soon. :)

Aww that's lovely. It must have been hard for her at such a young age but I'm sure the closeness you guys is beyond amazing. I felt the same about going at it alone. It's wonderful that you've found the perfect guy for you. Let me know how the research goes, and the soft cups hehe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->