Are these Braxton Hicks?

Lauren25xx

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I haven't posted much this pregnancy. At the start I always felt like I'd jinx it or something lol... Anyway

I'm 26 weeks and today I've felt a little crampy... I've been led down for over an hour now and I can feel him moving but also every now and then I just get a tightening feeling and my belly goes really hard. I feel like I've been getting them quite regularly though.

Should I be concerned? If not when do I need to be? :/

I can't remember.. A certain number an hour and they usually tell you to call. Someone else probably knows. That definitely does sound like them. Usually before bringing you in, unless they are painful, it will be recommended to drink a lot of water and rest a little and see if they reside. I've been getting a few here and there from about 18 weeks but haven't had anything regular or painful so haven't been concerned yet. Congrats on your little boy!

agreed. Drink water, lay down. Sounds like BH. It's really common to get them at your stage. If they don't hurt, you shouldn't need to worry. If they become painful, call your dr. Sounds like regular ol BH to me though. Your body is getting ready for labor :)

Yes they sound like Braxton Hicks, I've been having a lot this time and didn't realise what they were at first as I didn't have a single one with my first pregnancy.

Probably BH. My ob said to call if you have 5 or more contractions in an hour but didn't specify if they needed to be painful. Also if it's BH a.change in activity usually stops them. If your sittiing get up.and move around or if your active rest or take a bath. If it's actual labor then they won't stop, will get closer together, more frequent etc.

If I get dehydrated, even a little bit, I start getting BHs. This has held true for every pregnancy. Make sure you're not dehydrated, and if laying down isn't helping the BHs, try walking around a bit. My doctor also says to call if more than 5 BHs in an hour. Even if they aren't painful - call and let them know how many, whether or not they're painful, and what you've done to try to stop them. You're probably fine - I've been through this many times and have only had healthy, full term babies, but we always want to be extra cautious. :)

Yes they sound like Braxton Hicks, I've been having a lot this time and didn't realise what they were at first as I didn't have a single one with my first pregnancy.

Exactly this!!^

I haven't had any BH this time, which is strange because had them for weeks before now with other babies. something to worry about?

I get stretchy pains in lower hips that feels like a really bad stitch. x

I haven't had any BH this time, which is strange because had them for weeks before now with other babies. something to worry about?

I've been getting this for a while now...round ligament pain strikes every time I roll over in bed or stand up too quickly lol

yeah the round ligament pains are painful. at 12 weeks i didn't really have them got worse and more regular as i've progressed lol.

had this since yesterday on one side its horrible little man is moving away so not worried but wish pain would do one lol
as for bh i never had with dd so hoping i dont this time round

With my first this is how BH Were. I could watch my tummy hardening then relaxing. They weren't uncomfortable just irritating.

They do become painful with subsequent pregnancies though. I had painful ones regularly with my third.

With my first this is how BH Were. I could watch my tummy hardening then relaxing. They weren't uncomfortable just irritating.

They do become painful with subsequent pregnancies though. I had painful ones regularly with my third.

I had them quite bad with my third, expecting my fourth now and haven't had any lol

I had them quite bad with my third, expecting my fourth now and haven't had any lol

I'm on my fourth snd Already getting them!

I'm on my fourth snd Already getting them!

That's Bizarre isn't it? I'm really surprised i've not had any i've noticed yet this time. i had loads last time, saying that not complaining as last time i had them for months and it was painful and pointless as i was having a section lol x

I had them all the time too. My hospital's policy was to come in when you get 5 or more within an hour and they don't stop by laying down and drinking water.

I've been getting them ALREADY! My OB didn't seem concerned when she told me that's what they were. I got them when pregnant with our soon but it seemed way later when they started! :shrug: US tomorrow!

I wouldn't be too worried. Braxton Hicks don't dilate you. I believe I had them fairly early too though. How does it feel? Does it almost feel like baby is moving from one side to the other? Cause at first that's what I thought it was at 16 weeks, but looking back now I think it may have been braxton hicks. I went all the way up to 39 weeks, so I believe you're going to be ok :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->