• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Are these names too odd?

chelsealynnb

Wife & mommy <3
Reaction score
I want this baby to have a unique name, but not a WEIRD name.

Do you think the name Harper for a girl is weird? I really like it and think it would be a good name to fit a certain personality (you know, how you just think "oh that name fits her perfectly"). The middle name might be Faith, because I lost 3 babies before this one. So Harper Faith Barnett.

For a boy, I like the name Brantley. Not sure of a middle name yet, but it would be something pretty traditional (maybe William or Daniel, something like that). I live in Michigan though, and Brantley sounds like a southern name to me. Probably because of the country start Brantley Gilbert :haha:

Opinions - positive and negative - welcome! :flower:

I think harper is cute but I'm not keen on Brantley sorry

I think Harper is too harsh as a girls name personally

Brantley does sound modern southern from what ive heard of American names but im not american

I think Harper is a gorgeous name and it goes so well with Faith (we are having a boy but if LO had been a girl we'd be using Faith as the middle name). It makes me think of Harper Lee. I really love it :)

I have never heard the name Brantley before but it goes nicely with the traditional middle names you mentioned. It does have a Southern feel but makes a nice change from Bentley :thumbup:

I love Harper, it' s getting increasingly popular also.

Not a fan of brantley, feels awkward to say.

I adore Harper. Brantley isn't my thing but those sorts of names have different associations in the UK.

Harper seems to be getting pretty popular as a girls name and I think it's nice :).
I'm not a big fan of Brantley but I don't think it's weird or anything, and I wouldn't let it being Southern sounding put you off, although I'm not sure if it is a big no-no to use Southern names if you're not from the south?

Harper's becoming pretty popular as a girl's name. I like it. Especially with the middle name you've chosen.

I'm not a fan of Brantley. It's super popular where I live and it's just never sounded right to me. It makes me think of saying 'Bradley' with a stuffed up nose.

Harpur is nice and getting more popular with Victoria beckham naming her daughter that.

Not keen in the boys name but that's just my opinion.

Well, I'm kind of from the South, so nothing wrong with Southern names...but I wouldn't call Brantley a southern name (although I have heard it) I'm not really a fan though. (After a google search, that is the name of the guy who sings that country song that I have a love/hate relationship with...)

Harper is pretty though, I don't think I'd use it personally, but I do think it is a lovely name.

I LOVE Harper for a girl, it's on the top of my (long) list!!

Brantley sounds awkward to me, honestly, and makes me think of branches of a tree. I love the uniqueness of it that you're going for, but it just doesn't sit right for me. Just my opinion; obviously if you like it go for it as there is nothing "wrong" with it!

Other options:
Bentley
Brenton
Brentley
Brent
Bryant

Thanks, everyone! Harper is my #1 girl name as of now, but Brantley..meh. I'll keep brainstorming the boys names :D

I like Harper Faith - it is becoming "more popular." But I still think it's "unique" and different. It's def not a common name. Very cute!

I like Bentley, but not Brantley. Some less common cool boy name suggestions: Maddox, Lennox, Lincoln, Lennon, Madden, Kaiser, Kessler, Paxton

I do like Lincoln, but Bentley is definitely a huge no. That's my nephew's name
and my sister in law (his mom) and I hate each other. (We're currently going through court because I busted her stealing DS2's birthday presents and I pressed charges on her). Long story. Anyone else have any boy name suggestions?

I think Harper is a lovely name for a girl. I am not too keen on Brantley however, just my opinion of course :)

I intensely dislike Harper and Brantley is just too out there for me.

I've only ever known Harper as a girls name. I think it sounds weird for a boy.. I do like it but wouldn't use it as it's very popular over here.

I love Harper. I wouldn't use it here in the UK because people would assume you named her after Victoria Beckham's daughter and not Harper Lee. But I am sure there wouldn't be the same association in the States.

Have to agree with the others about Brantley, sorry x I can't really help with other boy names as we have struggled massively again thinking of any we agree on and that are suitably uncommon whilst being not to 'out there'. We have just agreed on Caelan (pn. Kay-lan) James but that is the only one we have found that we both like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->