Are these tantrums already?!?

jessmke

Reaction score
I thought I had more time with a sweet little baby before having to deal with temper tantrums! Isla is 9 1/2 months old and has started screaming, sometimes it is happy screaming and screeching, but other times she is very clearly screaming because she is upset at something - being put in her car seat, wanting to play with something that I took away from her, wanting to be out of her highchair, etc. Is it typical for a baby to start throwing tantrums this early??? It seems to have just happened out of nowhere overnight and I have to say, it's annoying. Especially because she is too young to be able to reason with her. She is fairly easy to deal with by either giving her what she wants (taking her out of her highchair) or distracting her with a different toy, but I can only imagine this is going to get worse as she gets older and I am terrified I'm going to have one of "those" kids who you can't take anywhere because they flip out over ever little thing.

Could be, my DS was about that age, now at 16 months I have the child that everyone stares at in the supermarket when two parents can't wrestle a pair of wellies off him. Had to lift him up and put his feet through till the other day. Someone told me it's a sign of an intelligent child, I don't think I believe that but it's something to cling to In The more embarrassing moments. Although bigger we do have less tantrums now because my DS has got much better at communicating what he does and doesn't want. I think at 9/10 months it was mostly frustration.

Yes!!! My dd went stiff and squealed going in the pram today (bearing in mind she can't walk!!), I told hubby she had a tantrum as that describes it pretty well.

Same here. I think as they get more mobile they tend to find certain things restricting (car seat, high chairs)..

And screaming is just the way to let you know they are unhappy. Yep pretty much mini tantrums.

All normal albeit annoying (frustraing)

Probably. My nearly 14 month old started them a little younger. They better better now that she has very good language skills, but sometimes she just can't have what she wants and then it's a good show.

My DS is 9 and half months as well and starting to do this. I just said to my DH that I thought he was having tantrums!

Mine does this too. If I take something away he's not supposed to have he just goes crazy! But he has nothing on the tantrums my daughter used to have when she was 3 OMG!

I'd say that if you can distract her with another toy, it isn't a tantrum. This is just your child's budding communication skills.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->