Are these "tooth buds"?

laughingduck

Mother of one daughter
Reaction score
Rowan is almost 3 months and has been drooling and seemingly teething like crazy. Are these what they mean when they talk about tooth buds? And if so how long does it usually take them to get from this place to be coming actual teeth?

Attachments

• IMG_7572.jpg
    IMG_7572.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 50
Just looks like regular gums to me. Drooling at this age is seen as a developmental norm here and something the nurses have always looked out for. Saliva production amps up an it's more than the baby can swallow, it's normal and nothing to do with teething. It's just often a coincidence if a baby gets a tooth young. All of mine have started to drool and mouth things from about 9 weeks. The earliest I saw a tooth start to pop through was my son at 17 (almost 18) weeks.

I think it's just normal gums where you can see the outline of the tooth but it can sometimes take a while to come through. My son has been having 'teething symptoms' since he was 3 months old but he still doesn't have any teeth at 9 months.

Agree with PP, those just look like normal gums. My LO started drooling excessively and chewing on absolutely everything around 3 months old, she is now almost 11 months and her first tooth is just starting to poke through.

Those aren't teeth buds, just regular baby gums. :) They just drool a lot from that age onwards. And with my son, we could very clearly see tooth buds from the day he was born! Even the nurses remarked that he would be a very early teether... Yeah, he got his first tooth at about 7 months... So even when you can see tooth buds, I don't think that necessarily means anything is going to come through soon.

Thanks for the replies! It surprised me how white it was, I cant see anything like that on the bottom! My daughter was super drooly early on and didnt get her first tooth until 7 months. I dont remember seeing the teeth like that under the gums but I probably didnt look either. My brother got his first tooth at 3 months so I was starting to wonder if He would follow suit. I guess time will tell!

Emma's gums look the same and she isn't teething :).

From what I've read, those are the teeth forming under the gums, which is normal for an infant, but they won't come down for quite a while :) Charlotte has the same!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->