Are you a mother?

I am the same as you as I have no earth babies. I work in a bank and constantly people come in with kids so I get talking and eventually they ask "so have you got children"?

My reply is always yes, I have a daughter but sadly she died in April. I have never had anything but a wonderful reponse. In fact people ask her name and what she looked like most times.

We are mothers, I delivered my baby on mothers day. It will always be a very special day for me and regardless of whether I have more children I will use that day and think of my first daughter and the happiness she gave me.

Thank you girls :) You are all right - we are all mums no matter what gestation / age we lost our babies at!

Whilst I was in hospital yesterday the doctor was asking about my pregnancy - he said 'So the foetus was 17 weeks' I replied 'No, my daughter was 17 weeks' and he rolled his eyes at me :cry: But I dont care what he thinks or what anyone else thinks - Emily is my daughter and I love her like only a mother can :kiss:

Whilst I was in hospital yesterday the doctor was asking about my pregnancy - he said 'So the foetus was 17 weeks' I replied 'No, my daughter was 17 weeks' and he rolled his eyes at me

HOW DARE HE!!! I feel outraged just reading this!

Some doctors really need to work on their bedside manner. A far more appropriate response would have been, "I'm sorry, of course, I mean your daughter."

I know that doctors are looking at the medical side of things so they will say things like he did, but for heaven's sake, they are meant to be in the business of caring for people, not mocking them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->