Are you a worrier?

SadakoS

Reaction score
I'm only about 5 weeks with no 2, any I find myself not really being able to look forward to anything, I'm so convinced that something is going to go wrong.

I don't know if it's too do with a close friend just having a really awful MC, but I feel downright jittery some of the time, and feel when I talk about it with my oh or family I always say "if this one sticks" or "if everything works out ok".

I had a pretty normal pregnancy with DD, so i haven't any past experiences to dwell on or anything.
I had an early scan last time to check all was well, because it's very hard to keep a pregnancy under your hat at my work, and I was thinking of having one this time too, but even the thought of that makes me feel sick in case there isn't anything there. I'm also still doing tests every couple of days to check there's still a line!

Anyway, sorry for rambling, I just wondered if anyone else was as bad as me for worrying!

I am. I'm 20 weeks and I still keep saying "if everything works out" and "all being well". I had a horrible drawn out mc in February so I suppose that's why, but I was still anxious about my son right up till he was born too. I said to my mum "I just want him to be born so I can stop worrying" and she burst out laughing and said do you really think you'll stop worrying about him when he's here? Then it'll be every cough, every temperature, every bump to the head. I read something online when I was going through the extreme worry that you are earlier in this pregnancy that said "we're mothers and we love and worry about our children from the moment we see two lines to the moment we gasp our last". It made me tear up but also made me realise it's natural to worry. Just try to think that you can't live your life thinking the worst will happen - I mean, you don't know for sure that you or anyone around you will make it to Christmas, but I bet you don't keep saying "well, if I'm still alive at Christmas then..."
Take it one day at a time, the most likely thing is your baby will be completely fine. Hth :flower:

I'm exactly the same.
I did 14 tests over 2 1/2weeks

I had my early scan yesterday and all was ok so far.
But I had an early loss in February and so I just can't relax, I haven't told anyone other than my husband and I'm 7w 2d now.
Last time I told 3 of my friends and then a week later had to tell them it was no longer.
Every pain is googled. Every morning or night I don't have symptoms I worry.

I almost didn't go to the scan because I thought I'd rather live in ignorance.
But I figured if I go and there's a heartbeat the chance of miscarriage drops. And if it wasn't ok I need to know so I can get through it and move forward.

Me!! I'm so scared. I've had 2 losses this year. I don't want to have another :cry:
Try and keep positive.
I love how Talia12 has put it. She's right. We never know what's around the corner .. so I guess we should just live in the moment and be happy that RIGHT NOW we are pregnant and carrying our babies.

I worry - but not in regards to my pregnancy going wrong. I'm a control freak and I like to be organized really, really early and my biggest worry is having everything babywise ready to go - so crib, bedding, clothing, nappies etc. I was all done for DS3 come 30 weeks so I'm hoping even with a chaos that is this year, I will have the same result this time.

I feel your pain. With this pregnancy worry completely took over me. I don't know why, because I've had 2 healthy pregnancies, but yet I couldn't get that gut feeling that something was going to go wrong out of my head. I still worry a little now, but I found that I felt so much better after our 12 week scan. I'm now just taking the attitude of enjoy every second, because so far it's all going well! We announced fairly early for the same reason, I ended up thinking even if something goes wrong, I want to treasure every moment of this pregnancy. :hugs:

I am always worried but I did have 3 MMCs and a chemical. I think worrying is just a natural part of pregnancy, especially if you have had losses :(

Me!!! Keep testing just to make sure the line is still there... plus had a miscarriage back in April... I did have some light bleeding yesterday which has got me peeing on more tests like crazy...:blush:

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. :hugs:

I can't say I'm a worrier in general, but when it comes to pregnancy, apparently I turn into one. Like you, I had a relatively problem-free first pregnancy, but I remember worrying a bit through that one, though not to the current extent.

I don't know where it comes from. Maybe my current age, coupled with generally higher stress and exhaustion levels.

What I'm trying to do is this: Every time I find my mind wandering to "What ifs", I bring it back and instead imagine a picture in my head of me and the little bean. It gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling.

Wishing everybody a healthy and happy 9 months (or however much of it is left till your little ones are here!).

Yeah I worry about everything. That's partly my personality; I always expect the worst.

But my worrying is definitely heightened in this pregnancy as I'm still spotting constantly, I had a day yesterday where I barely spotted at all and then worried that that meant something as I'm so used to the bleeding now.

I don't think I'll stop worrying until I have a baby in my arms...and then a different sort of worrying kicks in!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->