Are you doing anything 'special' to mark time during your pregnancy?

MellyH

Pregnant (Twins!)
Reaction score
I've seen so many nice ideas floating around, I'm trying to see if I can get inspired to start something myself!

- Taking pictures holding the fruit that's the size of the baby
- taking a weekly belly pic with optional chalkboard accompanying text
- starting a secret twitter feed to the baby that gets revealed when the announcement is made
- keeping a pregnancy journal.

Are there any others that people have seen or can think of??

All I'm doing at the moment is taking weekly belly pics - might come up with something else when I actually start to show.

I did take belly pics last time and to scared to do that. I don't have much inspiration so would like to follow this thread.

I'm doing the belly pics. I took my "before" picture at 5 weeks holding a sheet of paper with "5 Weeks" written on it, but I ought to figure out something a little nicer for future photos, maybe write the fruit name or something. Or I can have DH photoshop some info in. I don't know how many of them I'll share outside of the bump threads here and a personal album or baby book. I figure people like an occasional bump picture now and then, but don't need to see 30 of them ;)

I don't know if I'll do anything else. I'm not a journaler, really, even though the idea is nice. I think my entries would all be along the lines of "Still pregnant... umm... Baby is the size of an avocado, according to the internet. Today my poop was a weird color again... Hmm, what else? Umm..... Looked at cribs, still way too early to buy one... yeah, that's all..."

I plan on keeping a scrap book. Plan being the word, it probably will never get much further than planning. Going to try though!

I did a scrap book and bump pics for DD (not every week). In the scrap book i just wrote about special days me and DH had whilst i was pregnant, scan photos and pics of friends babies as they were born (there were four of us due in a period of 3months).
will do a scrapbook again i think but will wait till have a bit of a bump till i start bump photos as this time i don't have a flat belly to start with!! X

I really wanted to do YouTube videos, even if I just keep them private/ unpublished then I can have those videos to remember each week. I thought that would be nice but I really can't face making the vids!

I do the weekly bump picture, wearing a white shirt each time, and every other week hubby makes the chalkboard. I have pictures of them in my journal if you want to see. I like the idea :)

Right now, I'm just having hubby take belly pics...but at 11 weeks, I still look the same as I did pre-pregnancy. lol Once I actually start to show, I want to come up with something creative! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->